Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I both recently ordered Valentine 1's and were wanting to hardwire them. He was planning on using the map light switch and I was going to use the empty fuse slot, but I don't exactly know what I need to modify the connector to make it work. So if anyone has a fairly detailed explanation for me of the easiest way to hardwire it in my car, I would greatly appreciate it. And when I say detailed, I mean detailed, you're talking to the biggest newb when it comes to this kind of stuff, anything that has to do remotely close to electrical has never been my kind of specialty. Thanks...

Bryan M.

·
rockin the two tone
191 Posts
I toyed with the idea of using the fuse slot but I also don't know much about electronics so I couldnt figure out what kind of spade connector I would need. I just pulled the dash and used the cigarette lighter wiring, you could also use the clock wiring or boost guage wiring if you have that in the clock location.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
I was thinking of doing the wiring to the cigarette lighter as well, just splicing into it...I haven't done it yet though. I didn't know if it was possible to work the map light ground cause that would be cool and a very short wiring to do but access to that would be harder to get to and hide.

·
rockin the two tone
191 Posts
Well you will have to hide the little power box that Valentine 1 provides, so you will be running cord regardless. I *Think* I put the power box by the shifter and got the power off of the cigarette lighter. Then ran it the cord up the a pillar and in the headliner to the V1

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
james said:
Well you will have to hide the little power box that Valentine 1 provides, so you will be running cord regardless. I *Think* I put the power box by the shifter and got the power off of the cigarette lighter. Then ran it the cord up the a pillar and in the headliner to the V1
that was my plan....any pics of an install for us newbs?

·
Targa JZA70 FTW
124 Posts
i have not seen the V1 personally but it has a cigaratte lighter power i am guessing. What i did with my radar detector was smashed the stupid cigarette lighter extension, trimmed and shaved the wires. I then found a spade connector that fit in a spare fuse slot, crimped it in. Next put a connector or whatever kind ( I used a one with a circle on the end so i could screw it in) and make sure you secure it to a GOOD ground. You dont want everything messing up becuase you screwed your ground up. If you dont understand any of this ask and ill answer. I gotta go back to work so a quick write up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts