Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm in the midst of putting in my CR-1's and I'm looking into getting a harness bar for my 4-points.

My question is, how do the 4 points work with the bar? I have the Corbeau 2-inch Harness Belts with the snap in mounting points. Do the belts wrap around the bar so the angle is higher then your shoulders then go down to the existing seatbelt holes in the back? Also I heard that it helps with body flex when you have the targa off... anyone know this to be true?

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpski

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I've got the MDC harness bar, and I did notice a stiffer chassis. As for mounting the harness, get a harness-bar style upper harness (will loop over the harness bar) and a bolt-in lower strap set-up (to attach directly to the stock lower seatbelt mounting locations)

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I have corbeau 4-point harnesses, id like to be able to use them.... the sparco's are like 140 for just one person. So 280 bux is a lot for harnesses, but then again, they're your first defense in not getting injured in an accident.

Also i heard of someone on the boards that make these... some place online was selling these for like 300 plus. I'd rather save a little and give a fellow member the money.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone know? ^

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
AFAIK, to be real effective, get at least a 5pt. 4pt can still submarine you under the belts in the event of a brutal collision, whereas the 5pt will hold you in there. I don't know this by experience, but rather this has come up plenty of times.

-J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts