Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering about my harness on the 7mgte. There are two spade connectors at the end of the harness one reaches to the coolant sensor on the side of the thermostat but where does the other go. It doesn't seem to reach much of anything and I don't have an idea what it could be used for

·
92 TURBO
1,554 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering about my harness on the 7mgte. There are two spade connectors at the end of the harness one reaches to the coolant sensor on the side of the thermostat but where does the other go. It doesn't seem to reach much of anything and I don't have an idea what it could be used for
^ What is the wire main and stripe color? Is it a light green with a red stripe wire?

·
Premium Member
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
1,496 Posts
One is the coolant temp sensor for your gauges, the other is coolant temp for the ECU.

On the GTE (at least mine) those sensors are down behind the power steering reservoir bracket, pointing at the passenger fender. Stacked one on top of the other.

A longer wire will reach to your oil pressure sender. But yes verify the color of the wire if its still factory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One is the coolant temp sensor for your gauges, the other is coolant temp for the ECU.

On the GTE (at least mine) those sensors are down behind the power steering reservoir bracket, pointing at the passenger fender. Stacked one on top of the other.

A longer wire will reach to your oil pressure sender. But yes verify the color of the wire if its still factory.
It's not factory, I put a gte in a ge body with an aftermarket harness I have 2 plain spade connectors and one that has a clip which I figure was oil pressure. The one regular connector goes to the gauge I realized when I grounded it the other I was not sure I'll add another coolant sensor and plug to it if there is supposed to be two. Would that make my coolant/radiator light go out then? Because it seems to stay on all the time

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It's not factory, I put a gte in a ge body with an aftermarket harness I have 2 plain spade connectors and one that has a clip which I figure was oil pressure. The one regular connector goes to the gauge I realized when I grounded it the other I was not sure I'll add another coolant sensor and plug to it if there is supposed to be two. Would that make my coolant/radiator light go out then? Because it seems to stay on all the time
The low coolant light is a sensor in the overflow bottle.

As for the other connectors here's an old photo that might help (not my pic). The Gauge and ECU sensors are behind the PS reservoir bracket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts