Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
harness to the alternator - wire colors? -- pics!

(edited)---> scroll down for pictures!

I repaired the wires to the alternator plug, but somehow I forgot which pattern the color of the wires that goes to the correct pins

example

three wire plug for the alternator are:

white
black-yellow
yellow

the plug is a 3 prong one on top and two on bottom..

I just need to verify what color goes on the top and what goes on the bottom of the plug.

any one of you could just look and tell me, no picture needed and that would be big help for me to finish my wiring project.. will get some pics after this post.

-d

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump^

anyone can just look at the back of alternator connector and tell me which color wires goes on top and bottom left n right. not hard thing to do..

help a dude out!

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
top is yellow. left is white. and the right is black w/ stripe. (this is looking at hte alternator installed from inside the car..)
mines an 87 turbo 5spd which shouldn't really make a difference.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is on my 87---------- with the plug end facing you-------- 12 o'clock white 4 o'clock black/yellow 7 o'clock yellow. Hope that helps!

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics of my harness setup

I forgot to take pic of the relay panel (temporary to hold them in place) but then will make an aluminum plate for it behind the glove box-- will sit next to ecu.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just for my own info, what the hell are you doing? Are you doing this project without a TSRM electrical version? Good luck buddy.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
LMFAO

:fruit:

do u really think I do this without a wiring guide?

I have too many short in the wiring, so I deicided to rewire and replace with new wires and re locate the relays/fuses to one area (which will be behind glovebox) so that way I can have "wireless" engine bay except for the engine harness.

I am simply removing ABS, TEMS, CC, ECT, heat/ AC, interior lights, etx.

engine control is left alone (just new wires)

the pics you just saw are work in progress .... cardboard is just there to hold compoents in place before I make a plate for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts