Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars are getting on , mine is a 1993 ; currently going single ; some of the plastic plugs are brittle due to heat over the years

Is anybody running one on a daily? Did anybody use any of the companies below?

So far I have come across 3 companies making harnesses

Outbreak motorsports
Cody Philips
Rywire motorsports

·
handy with the steel
331 Posts
I pulled my engine last december and started restoring the wiring harness. Halfway through I came to the conclusion it would never be good enough...I'm currently on Cody Phillip's waiting list for a full custom harness for my M150. Cant say I know anything about the other two, but from what I've seen of Cody's work, it's top notch.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the ecu off Cody

So far everyone is around 3k mark, outbrake and rywire look top notch too but 30 to 40 day turnaround

Waiting on Cody to get back

·
10,115 Posts
Jose [email protected] Motorsports. Contact: [email protected] Also, contact MDSUPERSTAR on here. Jose did his custom harness at the same time he built, installed and tuned Mike's VVTi 10:1 motor. Mike should be a source of real good information if you decide you want to consider Kaizen.

Ken.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
Jose [email protected] Motorsports. Contact: [email protected] Also, contact MDSUPERSTAR on here. Jose did his custom harness at the same time he built, installed and tuned Mike's VVTi 10:1 motor. Mike should be a source of real good information if you decide you want to consider Kaizen.

Ken.
I am currently running a kaizen harness and cant say enough good things about Jose.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was looking through what we need to run the car , and have provision to utilise Traction Control

ECU Harness Engine and partial Interior Loom , Firewall plate -- 3800 usd mark
But we would need to run Hall speed sensors -- 650 usd
Wheel speed Brackets for the Sensors -- 200 usd
Pinned for Flexi-Fuel -- 80 usd
Pinned for Fuel pressure sensor -- 80 usd
Wideband sensor ...

You are up there at 5K usd mark

People with these aftermarket looms , are you running anything else? or how do you run TC , I presume you cannot make use of the OE wheel sensors?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why cant you use oem wheel speed sensors? ProEfi does it, so does AEM
You can , but depending how familiar these companies are with the A80 , it may be tricky trying to get them to pin them up , unless you drop the car off , it is not uncommon for OE sensors to fail and majority are seized in the hub plus it is an analogue signal, are they still functioning correctly ?

If you are going to the expense of a Milspec harness , now would be the correct time to upgrade to a digital sensor and make full use of your aftermarket ECU

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was asking around
One thing people dont realise is you lose the progressive power steering on after market 2jz looms. So it's like driving with no power steering

Anybody with an aftermarket loom have provision for power steering?

·
Blue Thunder
3,341 Posts
I got my harness from Wiringspecialties.com $1200 with auto, $999 without. Saved hundreds over others and same quality. Started on first try too !!!
B

Was asking around
One thing people dont realise is you lose the progressive power steering on after market 2jz looms. So it's like driving with no power steering

Anybody with an aftermarket loom have provision for power steering?
This is not true. I'm using a harness from Wiringspecialties and my power steering may not be progressive but I do have power steering.

EDIT: My harness is a "TUCKED" style. You barely see any wires at all. Other than the loom running along the FW.

B

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tweaked Performance is another company that does harnesses. I know one day soon I need to tackle my harness as well.
I'm currently running a Tweaked harness. It's pinned for flexfuel, wideband, power steering & traction control with a firewall plate.

Although I am having issues with the OE wheel speed sensors. During logs I'll get signal noise which will cause my 2step to kick in once i'm at the target RPM. I've had to rig my 2step to a button to get around this while I track down the root cause. It might be a faulty sensor rather than the harness/pinning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tweakd harness here. No issues. I got the firewall milspec disconnect which is well worth it to me. I just sent the harness back so they could rewire it for 1GNA coils.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to hear they are running the OE powersteering, tuner in the UK was using a few big brands and none of them supported powersteering and he had numerous issues with wire lengths, pins

Will just stick with the OE for now

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
By far...cannot refer you to Cody Phillips enough. well worth the wait and price. IMO stay far far away from Tweaked, Chase Bay, etc and other "cheaper" custom harnesses. Very hit and miss...and if its a miss , it will be nothing but a nightmare. You ask ANY of the top tuners...Chris Delgado, Alpha...etc And they will tell you the very same thing. There is a reason Cody and all others are 2-3k and the lesser brands are 1k. You get what you pay for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Silver Bullet
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing