Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching the archives, but don't see any mention of actual power gains? It seems most posts are concerned only with looks and sounds of exhaust. I am concerned with power.

Has somebody tried bolting up the various exhausts then dynoing the car? If not, why not? It seems to me to be a pretty obvious thing to do.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Apexi GT Spec or Greddy Power Extreme but can't make a decision until I know if these two are towards the top or bottom of the "HP-adder" totem poll.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
DefBringer said:
I've tried searching the archives, but don't see any mention of actual power gains? It seems most posts are concerned only with looks and sounds of exhaust. I am concerned with power.

Has somebody tried bolting up the various exhausts then dynoing the car? If not, why not? It seems to me to be a pretty obvious thing to do.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Apexi GT Spec or Greddy Power Extreme but can't make a decision until I know if these two are towards the top or bottom of the "HP-adder" totem poll.
Hey, what's up? I am from Independence, MO...where are you located?

·
Registered
532 Posts
i met this one guy who thinks that due to the bigger piping of the pe and the sd that you will lose some low end tq, while the apexi has a smaller pipe, its a lil better for low end response. i really dont have a clue about which one is better...sorry

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Has anybody dyno'd each of the exhausts to see which is best?

TT_6SPD_95 said:

Hey, what's up? I am from Independence, MO...where are you located?
Overland Park.

I usually hang with the rotary guys...Ben, Art, and Jeff. Don't know if you know them. About to get myself into a 95 6speed myself. :)

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Has anybody dyno'd each of the exhausts to see which is best?

DefBringer said:

Overland Park.

I usually hang with the rotary guys...Ben, Art, and Jeff. Don't know if you know them. About to get myself into a 95 6speed myself. :)
Yea, I know them. They call me Wingless Tony in these parts. Everyone usually meets up at Hooters in Indpendence. You do have a Supra I am guessing? What kind is it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anybody dyno'd each of the exhausts to see which is best?

TT_6SPD_95 said:

Yea, I know them. They call me Wingless Tony in these parts. Everyone usually meets up at Hooters in Indpendence. You do have a Supra I am guessing? What kind is it?
No, not yet. I have one with a deposit on it out of state, going to pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think I'll have the only stock Supra in the area. :D

It's a 95 6 speed too. Red with spoiler.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anybody dyno'd each of the exhausts to see which is best?

DefBringer said:

No, not yet. I have one with a deposit on it out of state, going to pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think I'll have the only stock Supra in the area. :D

It's a 95 6 speed too. Red with spoiler.
Cool.
I have many dyno runs on my car, testing every little thing I have done to it. I have tested 2 different exahaust systems and they both gained about 25peak hp and 22 average hp. The first one I dynoed was a Greddy SP and the other is the one I have on the car now which is a Tanabe Racing Medallion. I have a write up of some of the dynoing numbers on my webpage if you are interested. CLICK HERE FOR MY WEBPAGE

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Has anybody dyno'd each of the exhausts to see which is best?

TT_6SPD_95 said:

Cool.
I have many dyno runs on my car, testing every little thing I have done to it. I have tested 2 different exahaust systems and they both gained about 25peak hp and 22 average hp. The first one I dynoed was a Greddy SP and the other is the one I have on the car now which is a Tanabe Racing Medallion. I have a write up of some of the dynoing numbers on my webpage if you are interested. CLICK HERE FOR MY WEBPAGE
Sweet car. Thanks for the information. My name is Tony too. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts