Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to turn my system to a pretty low volume whenever I saw cops, but these days I've been noticing that even if I bump the system while cops are around they don't really give a shit. I haven't sat at a light beside a cop and let the music play extremely loud, but I have driven by numerous speed traps and cops who were sitting around and I haven't been given a ticket or anything of the sort. I was always under the impression that this was some kind of noise pollution offence and that you could get a ticket for it.

Has anyone been given a ticket by a prick cop for playing their music too loud?

Maybe it's just this way in Toronto I dunno...

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
One of my friends did, I never have though...

:dunno:

I don't listen to my music THAT loud though. I like the sound of turbos spooling much better. :D

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xenon Supra said:
One of my friends did, I never have though...

:dunno:

I don't listen to my music THAT loud though. I like the sound of turbos spooling much better. :D
Damn you....

There's nothing that appealing about the ferocious growl of vtec on my i4.... so I tend to play the music fairly loud :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got a $44 noise violation ticket in Daytona a couple years ago during spring break

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
they can definately fine you for it, its just up to the cop...but thats pretty much the case with any violation.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
It might depend on where you are. In suburbia I would def. keep the noise down since cops havent had much more to do other than set speed traps and whatnot. In the city I don't really go the extra mile to turn it down when I see one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seemed to notice its usually where you are if they will bother you. In big cities they usually don't care, but those small town cops can be pricks. One gave me a warning and chew out in my school parking lot after he heard me on the streets.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
i know a few guys who have gotten that ticket but i havent really heard of anyone i know in the last year or so get one. cops really dont care about that i dont think. I have driven past numerous cops with my TV's on with a music video's playing and they havent pulled me over for that either.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are definitely right about the situational aspect of this... I never really have my music loud in residential areas, unless it's in the middle of the day and everyone's awake.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
the time of day really matters ;P

·
Registered
280 Posts
So far I haven't had problems. I have seen people in court for noise pollution
My wife plays her music louder than I do and she never been pull over.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Around here I haven't had any problems. I have heard of them giving tickets out in the county near the courthouse because there are some apartment buildings right on that road, but other than that cops dont' say anything about loud music.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Well i remember when I used to have my Jeep Wrangler, i was riding around with a friend at the local circuit, and i had the top down and everything, and I got pulled over by a cop, she told me to turn down the music and drove off. Maybe she had bigger fish to fry then some punk kids with loud music :dunno:

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Ive been pulled over for playing to loud.. i was going through a elderly town. It wasent in the supra though.. just a stock Mercedes sound system.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts