Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i have pictures but i do not have a webhost, if you msg me on aim "crash0verid3" i can send you pics...

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Contact Steve Theodore. He did it.

Please go back and delete your repeat posts as a courtesy to the MkIV forum readers. Thanks.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
This is really phucking annoying

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I don't see any multiple posts. If I did I appollogize. anyway whoever has pics can you send them to me at [email protected] or point me in the right direction to finding a few..

thanks, and sorry again..

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Re: ..

I found an excellent color match for the '97-'98 interior headlight panel. It's 500 degree metallic paint with the color name "iron cast". Auto Zone sells it, but I'd bet you would also find it at Pep Boys or Checker.

Don't forget to sand everything except the shiny bezels with 400-600 grit paper, mask off the bezels and projector bulbs, and use 500 degree primer to prep for the iron cast finish coats. If you want to really simulate the '98 style, you may want to prime and paint the small driving bulb on the bottom of the headlight assembly (to hide it)and install the '98 style front signal/driving units instead of the ugly amber stockers.

Sorry your first experience on the Forum wasn't more "positive". (hint to my fellow senior Forum members...)

Hang in there -

John
www.t04r.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great! THanks for the help with the paint color... Actually cost is not the issue on the headlights, actually the reason I am doing this is because I would like to keep the little driving bulb in the bottom corner. Again thanks for all of the help..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Great! THanks for the help with the paint color... Actually cost is not the issue on the headlights, actually the reason I am doing this is because I would like to keep the little driving bulb in the bottom corner. Again thanks for all of the help..

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
I had mine painted in a heat resistant flat dark grey.

a body shop did it for $50, i would highly recommend a body shop do it as i have seen tons of home done ones, and they always looks like ass.

Ting

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Here are mines. I used 2000 grit 3m paper and i just cleaned the inside lenses. It was done 2 weeks ago and I still have to polish the lenses with a plastic polish. I temp. polished the lenses with Mother's car wax.

I painted mith the $4.00 black spray paint. I used masking tape and and a razor to cover the chrome rings and park lights.

The pics were reduced in quality because I have an 56k connection right now.

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
if anyone wants it i get a set painted by headlights by a body shop, also the lens were cleaned so they look like new, i got them with the car

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
So you just sand the chrome off of the plastic? What grit do you start off with? How do you keep from sanding the bezels, it seems like it would be easy to accidentally nick them up?

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
i just had my chrome painted over....its holding up fine two years later

ting

Ryan P said:
So you just sand the chrome off of the plastic? What grit do you start off with? How do you keep from sanding the bezels, it seems like it would be easy to accidentally nick them up?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,476 Posts
2000 Grit

Damnit, where does everyone get 2000 grit sandpaper from??? I've been to all the home improvement stores in my area and cant find anything above 600. Please help me....
Mike

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,476 Posts
2000 Grit Sandpaper

Damnit, where does everyone get 2000 grit sandpaper from??? I've been to all the home improvement stores in my area and cant find anything above 600. Please help me....
Mike

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I didn't sand the chrome molding around the 3 lights. I just painted on the chrome. It came out flawless. I waited overnight for them to dry and I tested to see if the black paint came off easily but it was stuck to the chrome.

I only taped the chrome rings with masking tape and a razor. I saw that trick on the Jesse James show on TLC LOL.

BTW, I used High heat blackk paint just in case.

The 2000 Paper is yellow in color on the paper side. Check at big hardware stores, they must have them.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Usual R Suspex (Andry),

Do the lights look better painted? I have an Alpine silver don't know if it would look good on my car? The damn light diffuser lines are one reason I would like to upgrade to the 98 spec to get a much clearer lense.
:)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
TZL said:
i just had my chrome painted over....its holding up fine two years later

ting

Those are 93-95 lights painted up in your sig?? The lenses look so much clearer. How did you achieve that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts