Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
I doubt it, there is no real need to as the stock block/design is perfectly cabable of pulling big rpm. Even the stroked engines seem to be able to rev pretty well.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Jeah, go 1JZ if you don´t like the displacement;)
But, for real: What is the reason for going down? The 2JZ can rev easily 8k (with build valvetrain)....
Gerd

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Vilhelm said:
:repost: Do a search.

And there is 0 point in doing this.

It's fucking retarded.

[/Thread]
whats retarded is you getting so worked up about this thread :drama:

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
Hefti2 said:
Jeah, go 1JZ if you don´t like the displacement;)
But, for real: What is the reason for going down? The 2JZ can rev easily 8k (with build valvetrain)....
Gerd
Nobody said anything about having any less displacement, though its true the 1j is basically a de-stroked 2j. I imagine the thread starter is talking about decreasing stroke to allow the engine to rev harder, and increasing the bore to keep the displacement up around 3 litres. Depending on what you're after, this might be a worthwhile mod (basically a bored 1jz). But in most cases the 87mm stroke allows for plenty of revs.

Gene

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Ah ok...
But I think the problem is that there is not enough flesh to bore it that much, not talking about the lack of suitable pistons.....
But 1JZ would be the way to go, or?

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
you can rev the 2jz to close to 10K rpm if the motor is built properly, why would you need to go any more than that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
:repost: Do a search.

And there is 0 point in doing this.

It's fucking retarded.

[/Thread]
I don't know about him personally but I wanna do a low boost 400-500hp stock short block build on a custom frame and I want it to be able to maintain about 7-8k rpm for 10s of minutes on end and a redline of about 10k. There is simply no way for that to happen with the current stroke of the 2jz. A destroke will be necessary.

·
From the land down under
4,567 Posts
I don't know about him personally but I wanna do a low boost 400-500hp stock short block build on a custom frame and I want it to be able to maintain about 7-8k rpm for 10s of minutes on end and a redline of about 10k. There is simply no way for that to happen with the current stroke of the 2jz. A destroke will be necessary.
Im not sure how you found a 15 year old thread, Theresa, but I am very interested to know more about your build...it sounds like it would be going in a boat, as I dont know of any road long enough for being at WOT for 10 minutes at redline hahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, that's the kind of engine I'm thinking of. Except it is intended for a custom designed frame chassis reminiscent of a formula car. I basically want it to be able to run for long periods of time and be bulletproof reliability wise (and I don't need 800hp for it that much either tbh). I'm keeping it as a future project. I'd also like to add some form of a CVT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts