Supra Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1990 White NA/Blue Interior
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yup. Your EGR system appears to be mostly working it just needs to get vacuum to it when its cruising so the NOx can come down. Seems like its down to just some vac plumbing issues.
Thank you! I hope this is it. I had planned to take care of final testing today, but unfortunately I’m quite sick right now. It seems the end to this saga will be delayed :/

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just to throw out some more information, the NA and the turbo vacuum modulators are different. I had one go bad where there was a hole in the rubber diaphragm inside. The effect was at speed when it kicks in the feeling was like the engine was pulling and then letting off, then pulling again, then letting off, almost like bucking. After I replaced the modulator, the problem disappeared. I tore the old one apart and discovered the hole In the diaphragm. One way to test for this problem is to gently blow air by mouth through the bottom orifice which normally pushes the diaphragm against its seat in the upper half. In my case, the air passed through because there was a hole in the diaphragm. Here are some photos from a Turbo engine vacuum modulator.

Headgear Personal protective equipment Auto part Metal Fashion accessory
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tableware Tread
Black Camera lens Wood Camera accessory Automotive tire

·
90T
861 Posts
Yup, as I stated earlier the 3 port modulator is used on the Camry so its much easier to get hold of. The only other 2 port modulator I know about that matches the 7MGTE is on the 2JZ-GTE.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts