·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, would please share your story?

Should I give up my search?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Give up your search, many times have I vented about this trying to sell a 98 myself. What gets under my skin is that owners of 93-95 car try to raise the value of their cars to that of cars like my 98. My car is valued at $31k and has every right to sell for more.. maybe not double though.. but someone with a 94 valued at $16k might just see fit to ask $30k+ and might just get it... it's crazy.. after I sell this 98 I will be in the market for a 1995 6speed which I'm sure I'll find $10k over blue book value... $5k is fine but almost double the value of the car.. thats just crazy.. but the market is there full of stupid people so oh well I wont complain with the offers I've been recieving.. :D but expect to hear from me when I am looking for a car and I see an mkiv with 56kmi asking $30k.. HA! ;) goodluck

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will667 said:
If so, would please share your story?

Should I give up my search?

Believe it or not, I got my stock 97 under blue book :) However, this was last March before all the F&F crap. I got it from a dealership that didn't know what they had. In fact, I was given a price over the phone even before the car was on the lot. Before the salesman even saw it himself. I knew something was up and could not pass. Viewed the car less than 30 minutes after it arrived on the lot, looked it over, drove it, got it inspected and before I knew it the car was in my garage. After the deal the salesman admitted that he should have sold it for alot more.

Don't expect this to happen nowadays. The law of supply and demand controls price. Blue book values.... throw them out the window.

Good luck though.

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
:rolleyes: I paid blue book taxes for my 96 n/a. But noooooo not blue book for a 28k mi 96!:( No problems though. So this is it for my whinig! End of story.:cool:

·
I need a 6 speed
324 Posts
Crazy prices

The prices of MKIV's are insane especially for a 93.5-95, there is some guy trying to sell an auto 95 with 7x,xxx miles for 35K, hes like but its got rims and a system ect.. unless that car is making 700+hp and is really built its not worth close to that. I want a 94-95, but I onlt wanna spend 22-27K for a nice 6 speed, I wish I could find one just close to Blue book

·
Registered
281 Posts
I paid Blue Book three and a half years ago for my '94 TT 6 speed, which at the time had only 21,000 miles on it. I bought it off a doctor literally hours after he posted on ad on the internet. Obviously, he knew nothing about Supras.

I had been searching for a Supra for a few months....even more amazing about my find....this doc lived forty minutes away from me. :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont give up, it took me 9 months to finally find my supra fora good 16k. If uwait and have patients i promise there will be a old ass guy like mine and they will sell their supra for a good price

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
I paid $22k for mine in March of 1999. A red 6 speed, 67k miles, still under the Toyota Certified Used car warranty.

I think that was at the upper end of BB at the time.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are not going to get a mkIV tt for anywhere near bluebook, anytime soon. i feel your heartache as i am in the market for one too, but not in the $10,000 over kbb market. most people here will tell you KBB means nothing in the value of their supras, and if you want to believe that, you too can own a supra.;)

·
Unchained
633 Posts
ToeJamme said:
I paid Blue Book three and a half years ago for my '94 TT 6 speed, which at the time had only 21,000 miles on it. I bought it off a doctor literally hours after he posted on ad on the internet. Obviously, he knew nothing about Supras.

I had been searching for a Supra for a few months....even more amazing about my find....this doc lived forty minutes away from me. :D
Toe, that sounds almost identical to my story. Early in 1999 I was originally looking for a very nice MKII. I found a nice silver 85 with lots of documention. Had a few fluid leaks but nothing $200 couldn't fix. I sat on it too long and by the time I gave an offer someone else had offered his asking price. I was bummed and pissed at myself for waiting too long to give him an offer.

Lo and behold, the very next weekend I saw an ad in the local paper for a 93 TT 6spd. While talking to the guy and writing down all the pertinent info he mentions it was not a targa. Many people had called but were immediately uninterested because it was not a targa. I didn't mind one bit, targa's/convertables and my long hair don't get along too well. He was located only 45 minutes from my house. I went and looked it over. Very very clean inside, a small ding or two on the outside...hey, it's a used car!

It only had 27,000 miles! He too was a doctor and had two toddlers with another on the way. This was a pleasure vehicle when only he and his wife would go out. Since he had a third child arriving he needed another large vehicle. My offer was right at blue book (1999 blue book values) and he accepted.

Angels have to smile every once in a while, so why not on me!
Scott

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You just have to have the money in your hand and wait.:) Took me six months to find mine and I've heard people who searched over a year. You never know when you might find the perfect deal.......

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid less than book for my 93. Had 125K miles on it but I only paid $13,000.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man i want a supra

I agree that people overprice the heck out of the 93.5-98 supras. yes i will agree that they are bad ass cars but i wish they were a little easier to get. but then everyone would hav them. well im still lookin. lemme know if you find a 93 for a decent price. :cool:

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
dont give up

Although it takes some time I found my 94 TT targa all orig panals with 75mil for 14K no acc. so it can happen. just look everywhere .
I found my in a local payper the day the guy put it in and bought it that night. I suggest having the money ready.
matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
feelin

i've been looking too. i've been in the market for a new car for more than a year now. my cousin got me turned onto the import scene and i gave in. i loved imports but i made a decision, if i get one i want the king. i did all the research on rx-7's z's vr4's andi knew i had to have a supra. a while ago a woman was selling her 93.5 TT targa with 96k miles for 17k. i kick myself everyday for passing it up. i did it cuz it ws an auto but now i wish i jumped on it. so now imstill waiting, and seems when i find a 93.5-96 it's severely overpriced. i argue constanly about the pricing but people don't seem to reason. so good luck to you and toomyself. i hear stories like these about grandmothers and doctors sellin their supras and i just hope i luck out one day too. i search autotrader religously and my local ad papers (hint: don't look in real newspaper) just have to hope i guess.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fuck the Fast and The Furious. Damn movie had to come out before I bought mine. Past 7 years ive drempt abou the day i got my license and I could buy a Supra T. But what happens? Douche bag hollywood assholes ruin a good thing. Down with HOllywood. lol

McFrrrrrrrrry

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my 1994 red Twin turbo for 19800 and it had 4 konig villians on it

1 - 20 of 37 Posts