Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and dolls...

I have been talking to a guy on eBay (link) that claims he moved to Budapest and needs to sell his '97 TT. He says that the car is in storage in Portland, ME and that it will be delivered to me by DTD Transport. The VIN he gave me came back clean and everything seems to be legit, but he only wants $18,000 for a car that should be worth over $30k, so it just feels like a scam. He had a webpage on an auction site in germany hosting the pictures and details but he has since deleted the page.

This is what he tells me to do...

He will close the transaction only through eBay, because he is out of the country and can't take care of things himself. The transaction will be through eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection. Here is how the process works:
- we agree on the price,
- eBay starts the transaction through eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program,
- they send me payment instructions,
- I send the money to eBay,
- they confirm the funds were received,
- He ships the car and gives me tracking information,
- I receive the car and accept it,
- they pay him my money.
If the car is not like described to me, I will have to ship it back in 30 business days on his expense.

The whole thing sounds too good to be true.

If you have seen this car or know who it belongs to please help me out. I have added some pictures below to help ID the car. I also included the carfax report. The car has a custom hand-rolled sheet metal wide body that was fabricated by JRD Tuning in Atlanta, GA (I included a few pics from thier website on the project)

The VIN number is JT2DE82A5V1000836 and it has ~43,000 miles. The pictures speak for the rest.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Think about it.... When something is usually to good to be true. 99.9999999% of the time it is NOT true!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
This has been answered in your other thread.:nuts:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey I know... I have been told repeatedly it is a scam, so let me start a new thread so that way maybe someone will tell me it isn't and that will magically make it a legit deal!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Scam, time to find out the guy that really owns it. Its a novelty :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think it would make me vomit to know how many are falling for this shit. I had a guy tell me got scammed and he knew it was a scam but sent money anyway. WTF!!!!!!!! I have heard it getting really bad with sport bikes now.

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Supra NA
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey I know... I have been told repeatedly it is a scam, so let me start a new thread so that way maybe someone will tell me it isn't and that will magically make it a legit deal!
I put it in two different threads before there were any responses to increase the chances of people reading it, ass!

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
97 for 18grands.... c´mon.. This isn´t a dream, it´s reality and here something like this aint happening ....sadly but true :(

·
Registered
9,697 Posts
That is Ryan's old car. It was totaled after being sold to the new owner....as far as I know the car is LONG gone.

Jason

·
11,221 Posts
That is Ryan's old car. It was totaled after being sold to the new owner....as far as I know the car is LONG gone.

Jason
Shit, haha. I was gonna say "Isn't that HotSoup's car?"

I just remember that hood scoup looks very familiar, and I dunno why I attach your sn to it. Perhaps I saw you commenting on a thread containing the car...

·
Inline for the win
4,746 Posts

Jason
Jason,

I think you were referring to when Steve K's friend purchased it from Ryan and wrecked on the way back to Indiana. The car wasn't totaled, but did have some extensive damage to it. Matt Chambers repaired the car in Tennessee to outstanding results. I saw it after he repaired it at a meet in Indy.

Its true that Amit is the current owner, AFAIK from earlier this year.

DP

·
Registered
9,697 Posts
Jason,

I think you were referring to when Steve K's friend purchased it from Ryan and wrecked on the way back to Indiana. The car wasn't totaled, but did have some extensive damage to it. Matt Chambers repaired the car in Tennessee to outstanding results. I saw it after he repaired it at a meet in Indy.

Its true that Amit is the current owner, AFAIK from earlier this year.

DP
DP,
Good to hear the car is still up and kicking.....I was just going by what Chris at AAP told me.

Jason

·
THE KING OF BIG TWINS
539 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I dunno. According to BBS, that's what Supra's are fetching at auction nowadays. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts