Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as a lot of you know, i'm keeping the MKIII, fixing the BHG, leaving it n/a for a while, then swapping an undecided engine in

i was just wondering what i should do to prep it to drive around the block a few times, i figure it would be better to get things moving than have them sit for a while, or am i wrong? keep in mind, it (most likely) has BHG...here's the video i made last summer, brought it to 3k (i know, stupid)

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
dont run it. its better left alone. cause it has a BHG start getting money to fix it.

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
if it has a BHG do not run it for extended periods of time... or not at all if possible... i drove around on a BHG and what did it do? the #5 cylinder wall got all scored up and the piston skirt melted because water was just pouring into it and steam cleaned all the lubricant out... if you need to just start it to move it... make sure you prime the engine by taking out the EFI fuse and cranking it a little... this will prevent oil starvation because chances are all the bearings are dry right now

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't need to move it at all, i just thought it might be better to do so

i was kind of looking forward to doing it...but i'll wait

i'm still going to post the video of the exhaust to see if it really is BHG....it'll be up in about 5 minutes, i'll edit it into my first post

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
my compter dont play sounds with flash -_-

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
I have an 88T that hasn't been started in two years.

I am going to be draining the gas, trans fluid, diff fluid and refilling with new fluids and rebuild the motor.

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
you cant just tell that you have a BHG with a video... get a compression gauge from Vatozone or PepGirls for 50 bucks and check your compression

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know it seems like i'm making excuses to move the car, but on the 19th, my garage is getting "finished" or whatever you call it, so would it be:

1. ok to just back it in the garage so it isn't sitting outside for longer than it has to be
2. better off sitting outside, not moved, but with the sun and heat now, then the cold with it being covered in snow later

also, is there another way? i might be able to convince my mom to get a compression gauge with the tools for the garage and say it'll be useful, but i'd like to know if there was a way to know sooner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts