Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? The grid for the defroster on my rear hatch glass is chipped off mostly, and I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with another one and just how difficult the task may be.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
oooooor, if you can get a hatch from a junkyard and have a glass company come out and swap em... (I've gotta do this as well...)

·
TX2K10 Beer Pong Champion
417 Posts
Has anyone done this? The grid for the defroster on my rear hatch glass is chipped off mostly, and I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with another one and just how difficult the task may be.

Alex, I just did this on my 87 I got. I went to a junk yard and bought an entire hatch and had a glass company come out and do the replacement. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to do this yourself. They have the tools to remove everything and the special goo to seal it up. Check out my thread to see pictures.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428769

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the post up man. Maybe I can use the same glass company you did:dunno:.

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
I posted a thread on this not too long ago also. I had pics up of everything I did. Good luck finding it though. :( If you put it in yourself make sure the hatch and glass are both CLEAN before you apply the urethane/sealant/adhesive. Also be very careful with the side trim pieces as they bend easily and once bent/kinked it's damn near impossible to get it straight again. It's not difficult at all to do. Just get a cheap windsheild/glass removal tool. I used one exactly like this-->
Get some razor blades, and a tube of urethane window sealant I think it was. I got mine from O'reilies. I got the extra strength stuff. Only used one of the two tubes. It's pretty simple and fairly straight forward. Just take your time and be careful.

Good luck.
-Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts