Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be old news, but I was looking to replace my hood struts, but the only thing Autozone had in stock was the hatch struts. Knowing how much these cost from Toyota, just thought I'd share that I found them and they have a universal-type of bracket that should make it a direct replacement for only $30 each.

About this product:
Part Number: C95880
Weight: 1.37 lbs.
Note: Hatch
2 required

Pricing:
$29.99

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
I'm pretty sure Advance can get both, hood and hatch.

Hatch: PN: 4327 $31.00 Lifetime Warranty
Hood: PN: 4604 $19.00 Lifetime Warranty

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
I'm pretty sure Advance can get both, hood and hatch.

Hatch: PN: 4327 $31.00 Lifetime Warranty
Hood: PN: 4604 $19.00 Lifetime Warranty
Lifetime Warranty > Toyota Genuine Parts

I'm going today to buy my hood struts.

Broomsticks FTL.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
I get them cheaper, since I'm an employee, I get 20% discount @ my work which is "advanced auto parts"

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,578 Posts
well i dont need them cuz i actually have a nice car! haaa! beat that! ( you guys are all like well i can get them here for this much ,,,,well i can get them here for cheaper than that, oh yea i can get them here for even cheaper than that ) hahahha you guys make me laugh

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just remember seeing threads awhile back when there weren't any aftermarket options... $140 each from Toyota is about as painful as when the hatch comes down on your head ;-)

Anyone know where I can get some for my hood? Freakin' Mighty-Lifts say Lifetime guarantee, but they have never replaced any of 'em that went bad on me.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Hahaha... Dont remember saying I have EVER replaced mine...? Just letting other people know where to get them :gtfoslap:

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
My hatch struts only work when the weather is warm/hot. But they fail completely in the cold.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
My hatch struts only work when the weather is warm/hot. But they fail completely in the cold.
That's how my hood struts are. Then again, I can see oil or something leaking pretty bad out of one of them. Maybe I should get my arse in gear and fix it for good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts