Supra Forums banner

have any cars traded at this price point?

895 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  zmw 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The car you posted is a 97 FYI, but 97-98 are almost the same, other than the steering wheel and the passenger side airbag cover.

The 97-98's have more desirable headlights, dash panels, slightly different suspension, different placement for the abs, front splitter in the front, longer throw shifter, and are obd2 which is bad if you want to modify it and pass state emissions in several states.

It's just like any car, newer is usually more expensive.

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah, what he^ said. There are only minor differences between the 93-98 models, but IMO the 97-98 are usually better to get just so you don't have to fuck with changing a few cosmetics... assuming the price is reasonable.. which it's not IMO.

BTW... chances are, seeing is how that's a private sale, the owner may be a member here. Might want to search them out and ask a few questions.

It ain't going for $66k unless you got money to burn.

#9 · (Edited)
You also have to remember the later supra years went down in price. So while everyone likes the newer headlights and tails there are other differences I find inferior. The seats are single piece instead if two which look better to me. The doors don't use real leather armrests, the rear speaker pods aren't there so tire noise may be slightly worse. The rear sway bar is the same size as the na, could be better or worse if you prefer less over steer. I think the suspension is also slightly softer? While the dash doesn't age and eventually scratch like the older rubber coated material its still a cheaper feel to me plus you can't get them from Toyota anymore. Just some of the differences I see that I don't think justify the cost people usually ask for them when it was a bit cheaper to produce . Mileage is also a factor as I'm sure most later years are lower miles thus worth more to buyers and the only reason imo to pay more along with rarer colors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.