Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was shopping around for those volk gt-c wheels and i was looking into getting the face 2 for the rears...i know our factory offset is 50 and i was wondering if i could be able to run the 10.5" inch rear wheel in the 19"? Has anyone ran 10.5" wide rims in the rear without the tires rubbing? i don't want to roll my fender...i'm just wondering if someone ever went wider than 9.5 or 10"...i think the offset for the wheels is +47....i am planning on running the tires size 275/30/19...let me know if anyone else did this without a problem...thanks

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Not what you asked about 19", but maybe this helps for reference:
I run 18" X 10-1/2" rear wheels with a +45 offset and 285/30 tires with no fender or wheel well mods and no clearance problems at all even with cornering near the limits of traction. Mine is also lowered more than 1" on HA's with stock swaybars. With my setup, I thought a slightly higher offset like +47 or so would be even a better fit but the wheels I went with were not available in that width with higher offset ...in any case, mine are a good fit.
I'm considering rollling the rear fenders and going with a 295 tire next time, they would almost fit as is.

·
Banned
338 Posts
on 1 of my supras, i'm running 19x10.5 in rears with 285/35 tires along with 19x9.5 in fronts. the offsets is +45 in rears and i have absolutely no rubbing at stock height.

on my other supra with tiens and has 19x11 in rear with 295 (redesigned to be 315) and it never rubs. you're fine.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Check out Steve's fitment guide posted here someplace as a sticky.
I put in 19" X 10-1/2"/+47 for rears with no mods and a 285/30 tire and it said offset too small; but with +48 to +50 it said that tire fits.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I just saw the post above after I posted. Actual experience is usually pretty reliable info.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
I have 19x10 with a 375/30 in the rear can't remember the offset right now but i have the car slammed (tein basics coilover). I can take pics later but I think with the height i have now I MIGHT be able to fit a 10.5 with a 285. A 295 on my 10 looks to be ok but I won' tknow until I burnout my 275 :).

A 10.5 will fit depending on how low you want to go. Personally I like to see as little of the top of the wheel as possible :).

Hope this helps. I myself am thinking of selling my rims to go with some 19x10.5 or 19x11. Rolling/cutting my fenders isn't a fear of mine though so that doesn't matter to me. Just waiting for a sale on my rims.

·
Registered
484 Posts
well i installed 275/30/20 on the rear i drove for an hour at 60mph and popped them both. So i'm car is in the shop getting the fendered rolled and i installed the TEIN flex coilovers with damper system with EDFC

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
running a 275 on a 10.5 might be stretching it a bit. i would recommend a 285. keep in mind, manufacturers dont make all 275's the same width. there are slight manufacturer variations.

·
Will work for Supra parts
625 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but when you guys mention rolled fenders, is the process done by hand? Simply pushing the inner fender lip up by hand? My car has some Volk 18" rims and I'm guessing they are 10" wide in the rear since the rubber that's on there is 285 series. I bought the car just like that and it's also been lowered with the Eibach springs (1.5" drop are they?). None the less I can't see any signs of wear or contact, but I can barely fit my finger in between the tire and the fender and I don't have large hands. I'm just curious if my fender lips have been rolled?

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
Espeefan said:
Not to hijack this thread, but when you guys mention rolled fenders, is the process done by hand? Simply pushing the inner fender lip up by hand? My car has some Volk 18" rims and I'm guessing they are 10" wide in the rear since the rubber that's on there is 285 series. I bought the car just like that and it's also been lowered with the Eibach springs (1.5" drop are they?). None the less I can't see any signs of wear or contact, but I can barely fit my finger in between the tire and the fender and I don't have large hands. I'm just curious if my fender lips have been rolled?
rolling the fender is done by putting a piece of pipe - maybe 2-3 inches in diameter between the tire and fender, put some down pressure on it, and roll the car backward and forward a bit to "roll" out the fender while you are moving.
really! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
13,569 Posts

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
I'm going to close this thread. Please use the wheel fitment guide that others referenced. Also please search before you post.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.