Supra Forums banner

Have you noticed

2K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  Rajunz 
#1 · (Edited)
Have you guys noticed the average MKIII price tag is gone up! I went on the autotrader and was surprise to see the price of some MKIII around the country. One even sold at 13,000. Just a observation.

Will

#7 ·
MKIIIpowered said:
Have you guys noticed the average MKIII price tag is gone up! I went on the autotrader and was surprise to see the price of some MKIII around the country. One even sold at 13,000. Just a observation.

Will
You don't think it might of had anything to do with someone proving you can get high horsepower numbers out of these to do you?:D It's nice to see that people are again starting to realize the potential of these cars.

#8 ·
Well you have to put in perspective....(sounds smart.lol)

You can always get a mk3 supra cheap, especially a n/a. Condition is what matters as well as miles. Here in michigan they are extremely rare to come by. So therefore it will fetch a higher price than it would in lets say Florida. In florida you'd get a mk3 turbo in decent shape for like $3k, michigan your looking closer to $4k. In the north if the car has seen winter forget it, its not worth shit, maybe no body rust, but wait till you get under it. Mine has always been stored winters and to some here that would make the difference. I could get my hands right now on a 90 Turbo for $1700 but its not in the best of shape. I paid more for mine, but it is a great shape. So it depends how you look at it. The economy is still slow so I would say alot of those people are just sitting on those cars right now, especially in the north with winter coming.

later,
joe
fmr. car salesman.lol

#9 ·
xman wrote,

You don't think it might of had anything to do with someone proving you can get high horsepower numbers out of these to do you? It's nice to see that people are again starting to realize the potential of these cars.

I wish it did! :) I guess down here in Atlanta a good condition supra will pull in better numbers as the import market here is picking up pretty quickly. Much like the rest of the country. I mean the tracks now have lines for days and if your lucky you will get 2 runs the whole night. Oh well the increase in value in parts is good if you own one ;)

#10 ·
I agree with the fact that some people ask blasphemous prices on Auto trader.... I guess maybe as a joke.. but is still entertaining to read the overview of the car..

I.E. : Leather iinterior, sport roof, and FAST

asking $40,000 OBO.

I guess it gives them more room to haggle? :D

#11 ·
Well I bought my 92 Supra for 14K beleive that or not. It had about 12k in upgrades with low miles. I still think the MK3's are still way under valued on the used car market if they are in good running condition. Reality is that these cars are not much diferent then the MK4's; something that I was looking for before I bought my MK3.

G
#12 ·
MRSUPRA said:
Well I bought my 92 Supra for 14K beleive that or not. It had about 12k in upgrades with low miles. I still think the MK3's are still way under valued on the used car market if they are in good running condition. Reality is that these cars are not much diferent then the MK4's; something that I was looking for before I bought my MK3.

damn thats alot of loot!

#13 ·
I think one of the big things that kept the price down on these cars was the BHG and the rod knocking scare factor. Another good point that Will brought up in a phone conversation one time is you had people putting limits on what you could accomplish with this platform. You look at HKS, they built a drag car with 800 hp on a 7m, but will regularly tell you in phone conversations that it is not good to push it past 430 crank horsepower. When these cars were new you had alot fewer tuner companies developing products for these cars than say the MKIV. It's also pointed out that they are very heavy cars and better for touring around than drag racing or road racing.

#14 ·
I bought my 91 Turbo for $5,800 with 97,500 miles and in good (not outstanding) condition here in Middle TN. I only got it for that much b/c it had a lot of little things wrong with it. Blue book on it was $8,250 from a dealer!!! They had it on "sale" for $7,000.... I have fixed all but two of the problems for about $55 total. I have seen several mk3 supras around here for under $3000 but they all were run down and looked mostly like *#$@!! It looks as if nobody took care of them:( That is why I'm fixing every thing on mine and modding it....I want to keep this thing out of the junkyard or those little mom and pop dealership's lots for a long time to come....it is just getting harder to find them in really good condition...:mad:

#19 ·
Hey Dr J..... nothing wrong with us kids buying supras! Maybe if we could get the old fogies out of thier "suday cruising supras" the car would get more respect!! Bring on the young (and young at heart) crowd! Something to note...these "kids" buying supras probably have more disposable income than most adults, so prices going up aren't going to stop that.

#24 ·
I bought my MKIII for 2500 dollars. Clean and straight body 1991, black in color. No body rust or dings wahtsoever.
Mileage was only 97000 miles.
It has all the factory options including the sliding sunroof, abs,airbags and leather interior with TEMS.
Very clean car belonged to a Lawyer......Who says Lawyers are bad...lololololol
This is in California, San MAteo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.