Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
engine pics/havent posted in a while heres why

been workin on a new project of sorts, think its a keeper.

i know its not a supra, but its is one of the early turbo sports cars. hopefully some will appreciate it. enjoy

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
nice, now pop the hood and show us the real pics.

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,988 Posts
super clean car. wow what is that like a 76?

·
Registered
559 Posts
hawt, those are badass... though for me i'd have to have one with a big block, those early turbo systems are pretty weaksauce and the V8 rumble complements its image

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
name it trigger ehheheh

P

·
0 Posts
Man, I love those cars. I own a muhstang myself and I really like it. So any plans? You going to supercharge or anything? Man that must drive like a dream. That interior looks so luxurious, is that leather?

-Randy

alanflies said:
been workin on a new project of sorts, think its a keeper.

i know its not a supra, but its is one of the early turbo sports cars. hopefully some will appreciate it. enjoy

K

·
0 Posts
oooooooooooooooooook smokey

yah that carbed turbo engine didnt make a lot of power..the turbo will make all the bells and whistles and shit but its dead slow

P

·
0 Posts
Burt Reynolds is my hero. I'm thinking about growing a mustache myself but I like the clean look like michael hasselhoff too.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
damn nice ... congrats to this car !

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yep, its a 1980 trans am special edition with the uber rare t top delete option. makes it one of only about 200 ever made. god only knows how many still on the road. not very many i would imagine. 4.9 v8 with a garrett air research t series turbo, rated at 210 hp. made the quarter mile in 16 sumthin, not very quick by todays standards but back in 1980 not to shabby. and its only got 47,900 original miles...

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
I'm generally not excited about those things, but that is an awesome find! I've never seen one so clean. Sure the power output is kinda shitty stock, but I an EFI upgrade and a standalone would allow you to milk a considerable number of ponies out of it. :)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
put a ls1 and a 6spd in it.. with a rear mount turbo.. or maybe can fit it in the bay..

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Put NOTHING in it!
It's a rare car, and I think that you know it's better off left as stock as possible.
The Supra can always be your rocket, this can be your boulevard lounge lizard.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts