Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Madison

Votes: 11 33.3%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having a baby... Need some ideals... Everyone vote Please

On or around October 3rd I will be having my first baby which is a girl. I have already ordered a few newborn Supra logoed cothing items. Trying to get some more ideals... I want to make sure she starts out in this world on the right foot... :lol: I don't need here growing up and asking for a VW beetle... Anyone have any experience with the Recaro baby seat? Any other cool Supra items you guys can think of? I might also put up a pole on the name choices that we have. We are down to around 6 or 7... More to come on that... Anyone else expecting around that time?

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
On or around October 3rd I will be having my first baby which is a girl. I have already ordered a few newborn Supra logoed cothing items. Trying to get some more ideals... I want to make sure she starts out in this world on the right foot... :lol: I don't need here growing up and asking for a VW beetle... Anyone have any experience with the Recaro baby seat? Any other cool Supra items you guys can think of? I might also put up a pole on the name choices that we have. We are down to around 6 or 7... More to come on that... Anyone else expecting around that time?
That sucks man sorry

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sucks that I am having a kid?

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my thinking was I might as well get it over sooner then later... :lol: I'm looking at it like an investment... The market is at a low right now... Best time to buy a house right? Well why not a kid? I work for the government so my pay stays the same... The market really is not hurting me at all... :lol: I'm just joking...

does anybody see my wife? :hide:

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey man, congratulations on the upcoming little girl!

My wife's friend bought the recaro car seat and she hated it! It was really big (considering) and she hated having to load it into her car etc. Her baby didn't like it either he wasn't comfortable in it. For the price she paid she was very disappointed.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man, congratulations on the upcoming little girl!

My wife's friend bought the recaro car seat and she hated it! It was really big (considering) and she hated having to load it into her car etc. Her baby didn't like it either he wasn't comfortable in it. For the price she paid she was very disappointed.
I was plainning on just buying it for the Supra and getting another one for the DD... As far as the baby not being comfortable that's another story... I guess she is just going to have to get used to racing seats... J/K... Thanks for the feedback on the seat... I wish Sparco made a little torino or something.

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
Well my thinking was I might as well get it over sooner then later... :lol: I'm looking at it like an investment... The market is at a low right now... Best time to buy a house right? Well why not a kid? I work for the government so my pay stays the same... The market really is not hurting me at all... :lol: I'm just joking...

does anybody see my wife? :hide:
haha my g/f ....... soon to be wife was talking about it the other night and I was like ya I'm thinking closer to 28-30 range

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya they talk about it and make it seem like no big deal when you are dating... As soon as you slip out of the chapel or were ever you get married at they basically hold a gun to your head... :lol: good luck

· Let's Do This
546 Posts
Hey buddy Congrats!! My wife and I are expecting too, any day now!! Also a girl so I feel your pain! She will definitely grow up around Supras and tools!! I'm already saving for her first Supra!! LoL...

As for the Recaro baby seat.. horrible reviews!! Nothing firsthand or anything, just heard a lot of bad things about em.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey buddy Congrats!! My wife and I are expecting too, any day now!! Also a girl so I feel your pain! She will definitely grow up around Supras and tools!! I'm already saving for her first Supra!! LoL...

As for the Recaro baby seat.. horrible reviews!! Nothing firsthand or anything, just heard a lot of bad things about em.
Saving for her first Soup as well... Wish my Dad did this for me... Congrats yourself...

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
She has said she doesn't want one just yet but she is 25 and when we get married next year she'll be 26 I'm pretty sure she is going to start pushing for one pretty hard. I should be back in a supra in a couple months and she said she would never make me sell it because she saw how sad I was after I got rid of my first one.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She has said she doesn't want one just yet but she is 25 and when we get married next year she'll be 26 I'm pretty sure she is going to start pushing for one pretty hard. I should be back in a supra in a couple months and she said she would never make me sell it because she saw how sad I was after I got rid of my first one.
Mine said the same freaking thing... Women are tricky man... The say that they wont make you sell it which is correct BUT they also will not let you buy parts for it... :lol: Crafty I tell you... If you think that you are just going to buy parts behind her back you will be surprised at how fast they catch on...

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
Mine said the same freaking thing... Women are tricky man... The say that they wont make you sell it which is correct BUT they also will not let you buy parts for it... :lol: Crafty I tell you... If you think that you are just going to buy parts behind her back you will be surprised at how fast they catch on...
haha I thought about that too I guess I'll just wait and see. Back on topic I have seen those little baby seats before. I want to say I saw them on mvp or something like that.

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just wish those seats were more comfortable... Everyone seems to say that their babys didnt like them... But who knows... Babys don't do anything else but whine anyway

· Registered
76 Posts
Congrats on the baby girl man! Am 18 so am definately not looking for a kid right now. But as far as the names go I choose Haylie. But my choices would be Cheyenne, Aeriel, Kristenn one of those three I've always liked just my .02 Cents though.

· 00 SC300
76 Posts
haha you got the one right with them not caring that you have the car. when it comes to buying parts its like why do you need this or that. as for the car seat the seat looks nice but if you can get something comfortable that would be best. they fall asleep most of the time driving no need for them to be uncomfortable and crying all the way to the place your going

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha you got the one right with them not caring that you have the car. when it comes to buying parts its like why do you need this or that. as for the car seat the seat looks nice but if you can get something comfortable that would be best. they fall asleep most of the time driving no need for them to be uncomfortable and crying all the way to the place your going
You know exactly what I am talking about... The convo goes somewhat like this: Babe, so I'm thinking about a T72 turbo upgrade... Well don't you have a turbo on your car now? What's wrong with that one? Now right here you have two options... You can either say it to small and you want to go faster or you can choose my personal favorite and say that the one on there is falling apart and could cause serious damage to the internals... Which ever path you take they always have something for you... Never fails... The one apart the turbo getting old and falling apart works a hell of a lot better though... Sometimes they bite the bait and the next thing you know you are buying yourself a new upgrade and posting the old one on here like this... Pratically New T67 DBB turbo 2000 miles... :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.