Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I don't know if this will end up being a long post but I'm going to try to provide as much info as possible. My car is BPU and I use the AVCR and the Greddy BCC. During summer time, I had no problem holding whatever boost I wanted and I usually ran 1.2 bar. When the weather got really cold I could no longer boost above 1.0 bar. Anything more and the car would cut out. It isn't like a fuel cut out, it is more rapid kinda like a machine gun rapid cut in and out. I changed spark plugs and gapped them to .32 and nothing changed. I checked the voltage on the BCC and it was fine. We just had some 65 degree weather so I thought I would see if anything changed and it didn't. I need help, I'm seriously missing having big power and I can't race anyone.

·
YOU THINK YOU KNOW...BUT
195 Posts
Sounds like bad gas kinda like a safety boost. I remember one time I had my bov shut to much and it doing the same thing. Im not too sure about the safety boost thing it happend to me in my 300tt. You might also want to put this in tech...........GRIFF

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Coil packs.

Try changing the coil packs... intermittent missing not attributable to spark plugs can sometimes be faulty coil packs. Perhaps try some conductive gel between the coil packs and the spark plugs?

I would guess that the cold weather has something to do with the coil packs' ability to generate voltage. The "gel" or whatever is in there might be temperature-sensitive when they start to go bad.

Also, what kind of spark plugs are you using?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts