Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track the other day with Chris M and Vu and had problems launching my BPU ++ auto. the best 60' i could muster was a 1.99 with drag radials. I was powerbraking with the e brake and leaving the line around .5-.7 bar. The werid thing was when i left the line, i could feel my car wheel hop. Are my shocks shot?

The best time i got was with a 2.13 60" and a 12.51 @ 116.

Any ideas would help....TIA

wez

Blitz NurSpec R
3" scott Dp
bcc
intake
avcr
fmic
cam gears

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Which Drag radials were you using, and how much air pressure did you have in them? If BFG DR's, I had the best luck with 17psi in them. I got a 1.72 60' on them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave, I used BFG drags at 20psi and i heated them up pretty good.

Silver, could you elaborate alittle more about the bearings? anyway i can check? do you think that's what is causing my car to wheel hop out of the hole?

wezz

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I found there to be a fairly big difference between 20psi and 17psi. Keep trying different air pressures.

The wheel hop could be worn out shocks, or bad alignment, or possible bad bearings as Ced said.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dave, i'll try different tire pressures next time around. I'm thinkin the wheel hop is due to my shocks, so i have some on order now. thanks for the info....

deavenly,
yea i guess its BPU++, i just added the fmic and haven't had time to change my sig. if you read my first post i stated that i was at "BPU++" ;)

wez

1 - 7 of 7 Posts