Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to figure out why my defi-link tachometer is not showing the revs on it. It's at 1,750 rpm and just sits there regardless of anything. The light works though and I checked all of the wires with a ohm meter. The 12v battery line works, 12v with ignition on works, it's grounded, and the auxillery/parking lights line works too. I tried the tach sender line and it shows up on the ohm meter as a fluctuating one that will increase with revs. It's supposed to be hooked up to the black wire that leads to the original tach right? Oh and in case anyone asks why I'm doing this, it's because of a na to turbo swap.

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention, I already set the #2 switch to the on position for the number of cylinders that I have. I have the 60mm black face defi-link tach and the control unit II. The control unit doesn't seem to light up and the gauge doesn't even go into serial error mode. I'm getting a signal on the yellow and orange wires coming out of the unit to the tach, but nothing from the white wire. The black one is the ground, so that shouldn't have a signal. Anyone know what that white wire coming from the defi-link controller unit does? Is that the cause of my problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts