Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, the cars in the shop today being a saturday and i'm picking it up on monday and i'm wondering if i should have taken the components out in the trunk as i have a had a friend who has "lost" all her subs and amp from a shop and they "could not do anything about it."

Just wondering what other people do, i did however take the faceplate off.

Here's the setup.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
It just depends on how well you trust the shop. If it's ghetto, then take the stuff out. If you know the guys, then leave it.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
I say take that shit out! I have a friend who had his system stolen when it was at a shop. The whole system, subs, box, hu, amps. And it was someone he was really cool with too! That's beside the point, but either way, take it out!

·
C.T.H
573 Posts
Even IF you know the people I would take it out. You never know when maybe something would happen. Maybe some other customer there at the shop that happens to walk by...

I would take your stuff out.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
I leave my system in at the shop, take pictures of the car in their parking lot before you let them have it. That should cover you should anything happen.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I never trust anyone else to protect my stuff. That is a rule I never deviate from, especially when it comes to the Sup.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Depending on the work being done, I will without a doubt take off the faceplate...but if they intend on doing any work in the trunk or on the rear suspension or that area in general then I will remove the system too. I've never had a problem with it, but it is a concern.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the cars in the shop now so we'll find out on monday if it's still there. If it disappeares then it serves me right for being in suck a rush to get the car there without thinking.

Next time for sure you know what i will be doing, i'll probably leave the actualy head unit in and just take the faceplate off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts