Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see any data on the forums on the PC625 battery, but going by the specs it has better cold cranking amps than the PC680 does, but not sure why since the PC680 is rated at 680 cranking amps for 5 seconds when the PC625 is rated at 625 cranking amps for 5 seconds?

Has anyone had any experience with both of these batteries? 625 Cranking amps should be enough to start the car really well right?
Oh yea...the PC625 also has a higher reserve capacity!!! I am trying to figure out why exactly I should go with the PC680 knowing those specs? It seems that the PC680 is the one that everyone goes with, so there must be something that I am missing?

Here are the specs of all their batteries:

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/specs.htm

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Tony we run the PC680 in the 32 High Boy. It has a 383 stroker and turns that thing over like it's nothing. We run a conservative stereo setup compared to yours, but don't have any problems.

Battery also holds a charge very well. The car sits alot and is rarely driven...

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dblegle said:
Tony we run the PC680 in the 32 High Boy. It has a 383 stroker and turns that thing over like it's nothing. We run a conservative stereo setup compared to yours, but don't have any problems.

Battery also holds a charge very well. The car sits alot and is rarely driven...
Jeff,

Thanks for the input...that peice of data will help out quite a bit in my battery decision.
I am not sure how I can make the battery look good though...I am kind of stuck on that right now. I have the Stinger voltage battery terminals and such and I am not sure how they would look especially with that little bity battery sitting there. Not really sure what I am going to do.

Also, have you ever heard of anyone running the PC625? It says it has more cold cranking amps and a longer reserve capacity, but not really sure why that is since the 5 second cranking amps is 55amps lower than the PC680.

Thanks

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Im not sure either, but is seems like they have to compromise somewhere. They either have a batt that has a higher reserve and what not or one that is better for starting. I would assume it has to do with both of the batteries physical size, and how the plates are arranged. The 680 is longer, but a bit thinner. And the 625 is shorter, but a good bit thicker. But im no battery expert. :D

Alex

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
I have been running the 680 in stock location for about 2.5 years without any problems. You will need to get a battery tender if your car isn't a daily driver or disconnect the negative terminal. Reserve time is horrible on these batteries, so if your into sitting with your car off and bumping your system you will be SOL. Mine can sit 7-10 days before I start to get into trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts