Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hazard light is lit up on the dash. Even when i put down my hand brake, my Hazard light remains on , not blinking just a big steady red triangle in the middle. The engine check light is not lit , nothing else is. Its only this dam thing. Iv been told it might be the battery but it seems like my lights are strong and the car has no problems starting. The battery was exchanged not long ago, maybe two months. What can it be , somthing with the brakes? Power steering? what else causes this thing to go off?

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump , No love?

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope , all closed.

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm , thats interesting i just changed the rotors and pads not long ago. What can it be? It needs to be re adjusted ?

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Try pulling the codes anyways even though you aren't getting a CEL. Did it come on when you were driving? Maybe you had a knock or something that set off the warning, but didn't trip a code. After pulling the codes, if you have none, reset the ECU and see if that gets rid of it.

S

·
0 Posts
try, reseting it, diconect the battery for like 2 minutes, it should go off then pay attention to the car it might turn back on, hope that helps

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
If nothing above fixes the problem, check to make your all of your light bulb in the dash are working. The CEL, door, oil, ...

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The battery is good , all my fluids are fine , i have a little too much Transmission fluid but i dont think that would set it off. I checked that all my dash lights are working and they are good. What i did notice is that my ABS wasnt functioning right. I unplugged the Relay when i was installing my hu and pluged it back in, it seems like its not working. I poped the fuse thinking i could reset it but no luck , im fed up with this dam red triangle.

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The battery is good , all my fluids are fine , i have a little too much Transmission fluid but i dont think that would set it off. I checked that all my dash lights are working and they are good. What i did notice is that my ABS wasnt functioning right. I unplugged the Relay when i was installing my hu and pluged it back in, it seems like its not working. I poped the fuse thinking i could reset it but no luck , I unplugged the battery , i reset the ECU , im fed up with this dam red triangle how do we really reset this thing.

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump.

·
Registered
101 Posts
double check the hatch and doors, happened to me before

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The door and hatch sensors are built in , the doors have the small buttons and the hatch has a sensor in the lock itself correct ? I have put some 6.5 inch brackets in couldnt i have left somthing unplugged or maybe somthing in the hatch..

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
brake fluid good too? low brake fluid would trip it too
That's what fixed ours, when the light came on.... If you have the owner's manual, check there. It should tell you everything to check for, that would trip this light. Good Luck!!

E

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I had mine come on whenever my Trac Off light was on and it turned out to be a bad connection behind the CEL panel. I resoldered and tightened the circuit board behind the CEL and the odometer and now the hazard light only comes on when it is supposed to. This may be your problem also.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
notlownf said:
I had mine come on whenever my Trac Off light was on and it turned out to be a bad connection behind the CEL panel. I resoldered and tightened the circuit board behind the CEL and the odometer and now the hazard light only comes on when it is supposed to. This may be your problem also.
I swear Toyota can over engineer a motor, design a beautiful sports car; but they can't soder for SHIT!!!!!!

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boo hooo , im about to buy a gun and shoot threw this dam Gauge , Iv tryed everything , im taking it apart , wish me luck im determined.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts