Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have recently roasted my head so the car is down, not to mention seixe up my turbo due to a frickin oil pump dieing leaving me with no oil pressure. But my question is to ppl who have had there head redone is how much and what was done to it. My head on there has a mild port and polish and a 3 angle valve job. To have the ehad rebuilt using whats still good and some new parts how much do u think its goin to run me? just for a plain rebuild.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ummmmm, man if your oil pump died you're going to need a lot more than just a head rebuild. you might be better off getting a complete used engine, or having a full rebuild done on the engine you have, and buying a new head or something.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It all depends on how much new stuff you need. Valves, generally cost $15.00/ea, plane the head is about $50.00, valve seals $1.50/ea, cam seals $5.00/ea, Grind valves about $150.00. About this amount.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7M-Boost said:
ummmmm, man if your oil pump died you're going to need a lot more than just a head rebuild. you might be better off getting a complete used engine, or having a full rebuild done on the engine you have, and buying a new head or something.
nah i know what im doin im not some stupid kid that doesnt put oil in the car but thanks for the imput.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts