Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice pics. I like the custom head bench. Also good job on putting everything into baggies. I am in the process of doing the same thing.

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Awesome! Keep it up!

·
Registered
215 Posts
WOW Sick job man. Makes me think twice bout pulling my head lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the part i left out was that i am a supra n00b and i have never been this deep in car parts before, ever. I had help taking the head off but I was winging it for this section, and if I can do it without a pic-by-pic then i am 100% sure you will have no problems.

hook me up with the rep points, yo!

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Nice Shit +1 Rep Point 4 U!

S

·
0 Posts
Great write up and details man.

Question though, were you replacing the stem seals? If not, you don't need to take out the valves to get the head resurfaced. I'd make sure the valves are back in place and get it pressure tested for leaks.

Good job man.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still on the fence about the stem seals...i got the gasketpro.com head set and it has viton stem seals, and honestly i don't know if they will hold up better than my stock toyota seals with 158k miles on them. I'm going to replace them and see what happens

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
cwapface said:
the part i left out was that i am a supra n00b and i have never been this deep in car parts before, ever. I had help taking the head off but I was winging it for this section, and if I can do it without a pic-by-pic then i am 100% sure you will have no problems.

that's how i learned. I did a turbo swap as my first major project, before that i think i might have done a brake job and fluid changes. keep it up

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
cwapface said:

Heh, so am I, and after i took my head out i said, what the hell and decided to just get the whole damn engine rebuilt! So now its off at the shop getting built... pulled the motor all by my lonesome... hoping to have her back in and running before July... gotta get a new clutch too..

Just pulled my whole exaust system today... not that bad, it was all rotted out so now i gotta dump some dough into a full system... 3" all the way baby..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts