Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i know this question has been asked before but i cant seach because this website has disabled or somthing but i think iv blown a head gasket it smokes clear smoke not alot but the coolent builds up pressure fast also it idles at 1000 rpm but my clutch is messed up. its smoking beside the turbo and only from that spot. could it be a head gasket or mybe sumthing from the turbo.

wat color does powersteering smoke because i hav a powersteering leak.
the smoke it kinda smells like ruber. helllpppp

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
srrry for posting this twice tried deleting but i donno this webside it messed up

o ya and the oil isnt milky but i do hear sumtimes a girgle in the coolent res and the engine seems the oil pressure gauge is broken. one time thou i pulled the dipstick out and smoke came out for a sec then stoped.

if i drive the car for 15 mins and open the hood i can see clear smoke and my engine get hot that i cant touch it but the guage still says normal temp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having the same problem, smoking right around the turbo...exhaust looks clean... oil drained out looked decent...temp slowly rises to normal and stays there but the coolant hoses get so hot seems like they are gonna melt. I'm replacing the valve cover gaskets and exhaust manifold gasket soon and will be looking at all possible culprits during disassembly.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Normal operating temp is 190 degrees too hot to touch, get a temp gun. Check for a hose that runs under and behind the turbo, there is a metal pipe with a rubber hose on it. There is also a coolant line and a coolant return for the turbo. The bubling noise may be a bad radiator cap. Basicaly after the car is hot let it sit and cool off, then start and see if any of the cyls are not firing if there is one then coolant is leaking into the cyl through bhg. My wifes car had a bad spark plug and bad radiator cap and the guy I bought it from replaced the head gasket, but it was not bad. If in doubt get a compression tester and leakdown guage, or take it to someone who has one.

Coolant will have a sweet smell and be white smoke. Oil and power steering fluid will have a distinct smell I cant describe just smells like burning oil or trans fluid.

My engine is ready to come out but it will be a week and a half till i can get time to pull it because of vacation. Ill post pics of all the hidden hosed if you still have the problem then.

·
Trial and error!
253 Posts
check dip stick and under the filler cap for a gooy light brown color.

if the more revs you give means more coolant flowing out of the tank, it's probably gone.
my turbo seals went out from a massive over heat, it even made coolant and water mix in side the turbo, anyone would've instantly thought BHG!!!!!

try bypassing the water lines to the turbo for a couple days (i did this to test it, ran the turbo for 2 montns with no water, it'll need a longer cool down), take a hose and connect it to the turbo water return and to the sender 6 inches below it. if this solves the water problem, then everything is probably related to the turbo as well. if this doesn't work, then get a carbon tester for the coolant to see if BHG.

·
Trial and error!
253 Posts
the burning oil can be from: oil sender or return for turbo, cps seal(my went), valve covers, the 4 bolts in the spark valley, oil filter, oil cooling lines, burnt oil coming from downpipe exhaust leak

these would be just about the only problems......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts