Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im rebuilding a 1999 2jz, from a gs300 and im in the process of choosing a headgasket. Im planning on boosting the engine and would like to get a thicker headgasket, (to lower compression) but whenever i look at their specs, it always says bore 87mm or 87.5. I didnt bore out my cylinders so theyre still at 86mm and im not sure if i can run these larger diameter headgaskets or do i need a 86mm one? If so if anyone could recomend smth id apreciate it.

·
From the land down under
4,629 Posts
Most of us who have gone down the NA-T path just buy an genuine Toyota GTE head gasket, as it suits most peoples set up

What are your power goals?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of us who have gone down the NA-T path just buy an genuine Toyota GTE head gasket, as it suits most peoples set up

What are your power goals?
Im hoping for 500-700 daily car, i have gte pistons and rods so the compression is already lowerd i was hoping for like a 2 mm head gasket to get a compression of arround 8.5:1 but im not sure what is recomended for a boosted aplication.

·
From the land down under
4,629 Posts
Oh ok, I didn't realise that you had already installed GTE slugs in your block, as that makes a big difference to how you're best to approach things. A big part of your decision making will come down to what fuel you're planning to use, too.

I will link a thread below for you to read, that has alot of invaluable information in it, that is pertinent to what you're doing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go with 2jzge head gasket Do to the recess head dimension the compression should be spot on as the gte. Do not do a bigger head gasket. It will cause low response at low rpm. Everyone is running e85 on 10:1 compression or the latest Ge 10:5.1 with better low end response with max timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts