Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, machine shop said they shaved about .008 off the head to true it. The block is over there now getting dipped, honed and he's checking it too. Assuming they don't have to shave any off the block, should I still go with the 1.2 mm HKS head gasket? I don't want to alter stock compression. Recommendations requested.

Oh, and if he does take some off the block, at what total amount of material removed is it recommended to go with a thicker gasket and to what degree?

Thanks.

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
yes you are correct, if the block doesn't get shaved you'll be fine with the hks 1.2mm. But if some how the block is shaved you will need a thicker gasket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you are correct, if the block doesn't get shaved you'll be fine with the hks 1.2mm. But if some how the block is shaved you will need a thicker gasket.
Hey, thanks for the swift reply. I should know any day now. Right now, I'm busy with other stuff anyway, cleaning parts, painting them, etc. Workin on the pistons today, takin'em apart, mic'ing up the parts, etc. I just love the part where I heat the piston up in a pot of water to 140 degrees to remove and reinstall the wrist pin... nice tight tolerances there! LOL..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts