Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building my 2jz ge vvti and im going to turbo it later. I got arp head studs and a gte headgasket. I torqued them down to 80ft/lbs and im wondering if this is enough for a turbo aplication? Its what was writen on my instruction but when i googled arp instructions it said 100ft/lbs. Any help is apreciated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I followed their instructions on both motors I have built with no problems what so ever. 3 equal steps up to 80 ft/lbs
Did ARP fix their washer issue?
No its still a pain to put in, i had to prop up the head on 2 plastic boxes to put the washers in and then drop the head fully. But if u have one of those magnets on a stick its not a big problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What kind of power did u get from ur engines? And what boost levels?
Well for awhile there ARP was using washers that had a smaller surface area than the OEM washers and I heard horror stories of the washers digging into the aluminum then people having gasket issues. I used factory washers instead of the ones that came with the ARP kit. This was years ago though so maybe they have remedied that situation.
The first motor was north of 600hp to the wheels and the current one did north of 800hp on 35psi. You should be good to go if you torqued to 80.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,382 Posts
JZ's I've built have seen 800+whp and never had an issue at 80 ft-lbs w/motor oil lube. Stick with the stock washers if the supplied ARP washers are smaller diameter.

I hope you upgraded the rods at least to non-vvti rods, because boost and stock VVTi GE rods ends poorly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JZ's I've built have seen 800+whp and never had an issue at 80 ft-lbs w/motor oil lube. Stick with the stock washers if the supplied ARP washers are smaller diameter.

I hope you upgraded the rods at least to non-vvti rods, because boost and stock VVTi GE rods ends poorly.
Yeh i got H beam forged rods and gte pistons. I should be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts