Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any good aftermarket light bulbs that resemble HID's that are more affordable? :)
i heard PIAA hyper whites or super whites are good?

anyone have any pictures of your bulbs? thanks for any info and feedback :)

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
PIAA is good, my friend is using PIAA hyper whites, but it only lasted for a year for him. My suggestion is don't go with unbrand bulbs, ie ebay ones, b/c I have heard of ppl replacing the bulb harness b/c the bulb generate too much heat and melt the harness.

·
Registered
478 Posts
someone recommended SILVANIA SUPER STARS or something?
how are those?
if they last one year that should be plenty for me :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do the high beam mod. Basically trim the the 9005 silverstar bulb housing to fit into the 9006 lowbeam socket. I've been running this way for months with no problem and it doesn't blind anyone, since it still using the lowbeam light pattern.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SUPRAT said:
someone recommended SILVANIA SUPER STARS or something?
how are those?
if they last one year that should be plenty for me :)
SilverStars kick ass; I've had them on two of my vehicles for about a year now. Good stuff - a HUGE improvement over regular halogens, nowhere near a true HID, but definitely worth it.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
wera172 said:
SilverStars kick ass; I've had them on two of my vehicles for about a year now. Good stuff - a HUGE improvement over regular halogens, nowhere near a true HID, but definitely worth it.
I agree silver stars a wayyy better than stock, nice bright white color but i'm getting a 8000K HID kit just as soon as i get a stronger capicitor so my lights don't dim.
but ya...silverstars are great bulbs.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just bought the silver star bulbs for the highbeem.. the 9005...
i tried to fit it into the low beam socket but it didn't fit at all..
what do you mean trim it? how would u go about that?

so the silverstars are the best bulbs for the money???

wasn't there a bulb CEDRIC (in hawaii) was using that was really bright and really cheap?? if you read this cedric i'd love any feedback!!

thanks!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Do the silvania silverstar bulbs fit the Jap spec lights!?!?! Are they the same as the US headlights!? I need to know so I can get some from the US. :D

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Nokya, very high quality bulbs, crisp light.

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
I've done the 9005 conversion w/ some regular cheapo headlights I bought from the local audio store and it is drastically brighter. I was really impressed. Everyone should try this out, it takes all of 5 minutes to do!

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
i got pia platinum bright whites...for some reason i dont think they're bright enuff...ill get u pics..i mite even sell them and get sum HID's...my PIAA's are brand new jus in case anyones interested...make me offers..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts