Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got tired of looking at my head lights. So I finally took some time today after work to clean them up. I can't believe it only took me 15 mins. to make them look like this. :)

Left Side
Before:

After:

Right Side
Before:

After:

The right side doesn't look as good as the left side due to some blemishes being in the inner side of the lens. I'll get to that next time I have time.

I used 2000 grit sandpaper and Mequiars scratch remover to get it to look like this.

Cons

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
Looks really nice ! :)
Now do mine, hehe

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
15mins? He didn't remove the lights and clean the inside than. Sounds like he only cleaned and polished the outside of the lens.

Great job though, they look much better ;) No take them apart and paint the insides man

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
I bet they are a little brighter at night too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
usually it is only the outer lens that is the culprit. They look real good though. I just did this as well as my drivers light looked like hell. Looks new now.

Alex

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah i also did the outside to the mkiv.com instructions ... under 30 mins it made a WORLD of a difference. i got lazy to open the lights up, ill probably do it in the summer.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Get Euro glass healights or some 97/98 black ones :)

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Suprasanity said:
Get Euro glass healights or some 97/98 black ones :)

I LOVE my Euros and wouldn't use anything else.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
BTW guys.... Toothpaste makes an AWESOME plastic polish. It has very fine grit for a polisher and I used it on the 'jewel' on my Xbox after getting the green off of the bottom and you can polish it to optical quality using a rag and toothpaste. I used the Crest tube. It's cheap and works well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks good. I have to do that myself. Maybe take them off and paint the inside as well.

jeremyhelling: Interesting. Post some pictures. I would like to see how that turns out.

Ed

·
Registered
934 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
BTW guys.... Toothpaste makes an AWESOME plastic polish. It has very fine grit for a polisher and I used it on the 'jewel' on my Xbox after getting the green off of the bottom and you can polish it to optical quality using a rag and toothpaste. I used the Crest tube. It's cheap and works well.
ah also good for removing plaque and ready for a makeout session!

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
that's one of the funniest things i've heard. - I'll definitely give it a try. :bigok:

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
speed_vision said:
Looks good. I have to do that myself. Maybe take them off and paint the inside as well.

jeremyhelling: Interesting. Post some pictures. I would like to see how that turns out.

Ed
Pics of what?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts