Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My head lights are so foggy and yellowish that it makes white trash from deep south teeth nicer. lol

I want to restore the shit out of it. If any one can guide me through procedures that be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Easiest thing to do is wet sand and buff them.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Take them apart and polish the lenses (both inside and outside faces) using an orbital polisher. Hand polishing won't yield great results if your lenses are as yellow as you described.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
When you take them apart, don't try cleaning the chrome rings with any types of cleaner or your fingers, the oil from your hand gets on them and doesn't come out. Use nitrile gloves. Get a gallon bottle of distilled water and use that to clean anything with a soft cloth, keep compressed air near by to dry. Use a quality polishing compound with a small 3" buffing pad on a buffer/drill. Deal with the fact no matter what you do there will be tiny scratches and just do the best you can. Bake the lights at 250 for 15 minutes to get them apart easy.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When buffing you can really get these hot, since they are very thick. I use like 4K rpm and can get a very new like finish, and if you wet sand with 2k grit there shouldn't be many scratches. I also use a heavey cut compound with a wool pad, then use a glaze with a foam pad works great but doesn't last forever. I know of people who also wet sand them then have a painter clear coat them.

8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any one running LED bulbs. I was looking up some on rigid websites. Will they fit easily? same size and length?

8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found LED and HID kits
visionx.com
xenonhids.com
oraclelights.com

search in car specifics.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Dont run led lights for low beams. Run a true hid you can get quality units from diode dynamics here on the forums or theretrofitsource.com.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hate to bump this dying thread because it's done; however, just want to mention for search reasons: there are 2 kits. The one for ~$11 and one for ~$20. Get the cheaper one then purchase another/extra plastic polishing compound. If you're REALLY scratched up then maybe go for the $20 kit that includes additional stages of sand paper. Again, these kits are just for your convenience. You could purchase all the elements separate and end up saving if you find deals. Finally, I would recommend applying a clear coat to your lenses after you properly restore them. If you don't you'll end up having to restore/re-polish every 3-6 months.

8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not much progress on my lights. Took it a part, that's abut it. Been busy installing my turbo. Was planing to go to TX2K but it looks like the event gonna be washed out and all my crew backed out any ways. So I'm lacking motivation.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Hey bud, Try taking it apart. There is a sticky on how to do that. Then use a Roloc disc on an air grinder to sand the inside and outside. Then wet sand and buff it and you will be good to go. Just make sure you seal it good when putting it back together so you don't get moisture trapped inside. Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts