Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because of low compression on sixth cylinder I am going to rebuilt whole head. Toyota parts like valves, gaskets, bolts are very expensive. I am thinking about buying tuning parts instead of original from Toyota. Do you have any experience, idea? What should I buy and where? What are the prices?
I will change piston rings (by the way) - what and where should I buy? original rings from Toyota or...?

I am thinking also about head modification - polishing and more... Is there a sense to do it in twin turbo engine? What to do? What power increase could I expect?

Thank you very much in advance...
:)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
check your pm!

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else?

I have started work:

And here is my mechanik - very happy with such a simple work:

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HELP ME PLEASE

HELP ME.....

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for great input!!!

You are in US. Right? I am in Poland and my mechanic is doing that kind of work in Supra for the first time. We do not have experience in aftermarket parts for Supra's engine head and we do not have such a parts in Poland because car is not popular. OK?

In US you have much bigger experience and that is why I was hoping to get help. And make decision which parts I will buy while my trip to Riverside

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Peter,

I've been through this once already. I don't see how aftermarket parts can be any less expensive in Poland, but I suppose it's possible that Toyota charges a lot more for parts there. As far as the head, all the typical rebuilt parts....seals, valves, shims, springs are MUCH cheaper through Toyota than any of the aftermarket companies. Unless you're willing to exceed 600rwhp, I would rebuild the head as stock, even at this rate, some parts can only be ordered through Toyota. If Toyota charges that high a premium for parts, it might actually me cheaper for someone from the states to ship you parts.

-Mike

Peter Poland said:
Because of low compression on sixth cylinder I am going to rebuilt whole head. Toyota parts like valves, gaskets, bolts are very expensive. I am thinking about buying tuning parts instead of original from Toyota. Do you have any experience, idea? What should I buy and where? What are the prices?
I will change piston rings (by the way) - what and where should I buy? original rings from Toyota or...?

I am thinking also about head modification - polishing and more... Is there a sense to do it in twin turbo engine? What to do? What power increase could I expect?

Thank you very much in advance...
:)

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not going over 600 rwhp. That is enough!

So, there is no sense to make head tuning if I am not going to exceed 600rwhp.

I will buy original Toyota parts. I have 42% discount in Toyota Poland thanx to my racing sponsor - Yamaha:D

You know, I was thinking to buy some springs or special valves & pistons but if it is worth only over 600rwhp... I am not so crazzzzy;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts