Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Toyota Hybrid Tech
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i removed the stock system in my car, and put a aftermarked headunit in it. i also removed the amp since im using after market amps to run everything. after i removed the stock amp the deck wiring had no power anymore. i put one of the plugs back in the amp and deck works. i was woundering if anyone new which wires to jump so the deck will work and i can get rid of the stock amp. any help would be sweet!

thanks

nick

· Speed limits = Guidelines
2,352 Posts
so i removed the stock system in my car, and put a aftermarked headunit in it. i also removed the amp since im using after market amps to run everything. after i removed the stock amp the deck wiring had no power anymore. i put one of the plugs back in the amp and deck works. i was woundering if anyone new which wires to jump so the deck will work and i can get rid of the stock amp. any help would be sweet!

thanks

nick
the stock head unit is supplied power by the stock amp...in my setup i just spliced wires from where the amp was plugged in to power the head unit...just poke around with a voltage meter to find what does what.

you could also tap ur power source from somewhere else thats more nearby to the head unit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.