Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question guys

as many of you know i have been wrestling with a potential slight headgasket failure in /or around one of the cooling jackets wherebys under heavy sustained boost my coolant reservoir fills up due to excess pressure and spits some out of the tube

so under the advice of boostlogic and few others despite doing a hydrocarbon test which showed no hydrocarbons in coolant and despite not seeing any foaming on dipstick or choc milk on oil cap , i am going to pull head and replace headgasket seeing that i have cams , bc springs and retainers and titan cam gears to put on

i currently have arp studs in there which were trq to about 84ft lbs and have been in the block for about 20k miles , should i play it safe and install new studs or just reuse whats there and if i reuse whats there should i be checking for something like slackness etc with the current bolts in there

yes i will have the head out to a machine shop to mil and clean and install all the other goodies

question , should i put in new studs

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
reusing studs/bolts actually has advantages over new ones...used ones are pre-stressed, new ones tend to stretch a bit when first put on

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. Plain and simple the ARP studs are designed to be reused, over and over. I think I've had my head on and off 2 or 3 times with the same studs.
thanks mr K

reusing studs/bolts actually has advantages over new ones...used ones are pre-stressed, new ones tend to stretch a bit when first put on
i was thinking the same exact thing

·
Registered
1 Posts
arp L19's are ment to be reused.

The normal arp studs and nuts... gray area. Some do ... some dont. some have issues some dont...

L19 's are the way to go either way. Buy it right once. IMO (-:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts