Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have a manual handy that can tell me what color wires on the clutch swich go to what? I know I only need two of the 4 wires, one that is feed 12 volts and the other that sends that 12 volts to the starter relay. Any help? I have an idea and would like to try it out at the track, but i dont have access to a manual.

Thanks all!

Actually I just checked the FAQ and think I found what I needed. It looks like there are 2 switches. The one I looked at with 4 wires, and the one in the FAQ(the one I think I really was looking for) that has two wires. I believe that this is the one that allows the starter to engage.

Anyway, I think I have come up with a way to get launch control out of my RLTC that is equipped with full throttle shift, but not launch control. Why pay the extra when its basically already there. Ill post details if it works(no reason it shouldnt).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey Jason. Are you going to Mason-Dixon? I almost went there
today but I couldn't round up any of the locals here. Post up
how you did when you get back.
Good luck to you,
Wayne

·
Registered
558 Posts
yep two wires...the switch is located on the back of the clutch pedal and engages when you have the clutch pedal fully pushed in...I've wired a two step to it myself in the past...

Dave

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I didnt get to do what I wanted to with the RLTC, but Im done ok anyway I guess. Ran with and without the RLTC and had some problems with it as well. I got 12 runs in so it was a good day. I ran a slower time that I did with 12psi and drag radials, but a much faster mph. The timeslip is below, i'm on the right. This was on regular street tires(not drag radials) and pump gas at 18psi from a Master Power T-70. I plan on going to street night at Mason Dixon on the 23rd with C16 and all the boost it will do on street tires. Should be a wild ride with nice mph and hopefully power into the mid 11's. Pretty crazy on street tires i guess.

TIMESLIP

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jason Rush said:
Well, I didnt get to do what I wanted to with the RLTC, but Im done ok anyway I guess. Ran with and without the RLTC and had some problems with it as well. I got 12 runs in so it was a good day. I ran a slower time that I did with 12psi and drag radials, but a much faster mph. The timeslip is below, i'm on the right. This was on regular street tires(not drag radials) and pump gas at 18psi from a Master Power T-70. I plan on going to street night at Mason Dixon on the 23rd with C16 and all the boost it will do on street tires. Should be a wild ride with nice mph and hopefully power into the mid 11's. Pretty crazy on street tires i guess.

TIMESLIP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats on the mph on pump gas Jason. :bigthumb:
Have you thought about a meth injection kit? I got 102mph
on 93 octane/meth the other weekend at the local 1/8th mile
track in 90 degree heat.
Wow, 12 runs. Must have been a light crowd. Nice.
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts