Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pretty much have everything disassembled..I searched but don't have the patience..I know its better for a mhg but I can't afford to take the block out....should I just get the head cleaned milled and all the other shit and throw a regular headgasket on there?? With some arp headstuds which are definite...im not gonna be boosting past 12 psi ever soo what should I do?

· Registered
795 Posts
Get a straight edge and measure your deck surface. If there is any amount of warp in it a mhg won't work for long. Feel around the cylinders where the fire rings sit too, there may be a slight groove worn into the deck surface. If you find anything wrong with it at all you'll be better off going with a stock style headgasket and arp's. If it checks out good then go mhg.

Search next time :p

· A Happy Dad
2,346 Posts
try one of these instead, most of the gaskets in that 'kit' you can salvage if you are careful + you can make your own for the others. Just get a sheet of gasket material.
You really should put a decent head gasket in if you are going to all that trouble.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMETIC-HEAD-GASKET-TOYOTA-SUPRA-86-92-7MGE-7MGTE-MLS_W0QQitemZ330308955354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ce7f2acda&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

· Banned
1,120 Posts
wait till you have the head machined before you buy the head gasket! If your head has heave warpage or has been machined before you may have to go with a thick head gasket. A good machine shop will have the specs on the OEM thickness of the head to tell you if it has been machined and if so how much you need to add back in via the MHG. If the block is staight checked with the straight edge then you should have no problems.

HTH
Seth

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.