Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a good strong headgasket to run if i want to run alot of boost, and about how much do they go for?

·
Registered
449 Posts
the best option out there is a MHG, but there is a lot of prep work that is involved......The stock head gasket is supposed to be pretty stout. There have been guys runnin +-14psi all day on it. With ARP head bolts......Thickness is determined by how much material is removed during machining/and lapping.....but for the stock replacement (prolly the best option for a beginner) would be to jus replace with stock.......www.carmadillo.com and get the ishino head gasket set. it runs like 170 or so...plus s/h
good luck
hows that info guys.....haha......thankx to the forum...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had good luck with the "S.E.A.R.C.H." gaskets.

They cost about 20 minutes of your time.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Shawndude said:
I've had good luck with the "S.E.A.R.C.H." gaskets.

They cost about 20 minutes of your time.
I need to meet you sometime Shawndude....:bigthumb:

B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who uses a headgasket? Just machine your block and head flat and put them surface to surface. Youll get maximum sealing AND your compression with be higher which equals more power!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, headgaskets are over-rated on the 7M engines - Just use a copper sealant.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
S.E.A.R.C.H, thanks for that one asshole. I was just wondering, and im new on the forums. If your gonna be like that than dont fucking talk to me. Im a supra owner just like you.
Copper sealent, is it like a gasket or something.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
85csupra said:
S.E.A.R.C.H, thanks for that one asshole. I was just wondering, and im new on the forums. If your gonna be like that than dont fucking talk to me. Im a supra owner just like you.
Copper sealent, is it like a gasket or something.
You have now been warned my friend. Anymore name calling or language of that nature will get you booted off of her VERY quickly. I hate to sound like your mother, but JEEZ! He was being sarcastic and telling you that you need to search! There are a million and a half posts about MHG's and in the time it took you to type up your post, you would have already had your answer. Consider this your first and last warning.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ok.. I'm getting tired of the sarcasm.. Yeah its ok if you know the guy has been here a while and recognize him.. but don't do it to the new guys.. or your going to end up with what we have here now.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading over the "Newbies" forum, you are not allowed to tell people to "search" on there. Sounds fair. New people to the boards are instructed to do a search prior to asking questions. Sounds fair also.

This however is not the Newbies forum. We have over 81 THOUSAND threads on SupraForums. Surely the information that already exists here, should be put to good use, and not be discarded.

The search button is a wonderful thing. I've found just about everything I've ever wanted to know, without asking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.