Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I tried searching all of SF, and found nothing specific on beam adjustment. My question is, what's the proper height of the headlight beams when adjusting them, and how far back from the wall/vertical surface (on level ground, of course) should the car be? The reason I'm asking is I got pulled over last Sat. by a local cop saying my pass. headlight was blinding him (he was directly in front of me). Turns out, my pass. headlight beam is pretty high, but I want to make sure the driver's side beam is at the correct height before I bring the pass. light down to that level. If not, I'd like to adjust both beams to the correct height.

Thanks guys,
- Justin

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
If they are already out of adjustment, adjusting them yourself using the wall method is just gonna make them even more whack. Just take it into a shop and have them adjusted, cost me like 15 bucks to get it done.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
I adjusted mine myself. Just waited for night time, then used my garage wall and my friends car for reference, got'em as close as possible, and no problems.

·
Registered
393 Posts
koulee said:
If they are already out of adjustment, adjusting them yourself using the wall method is just gonna make them even more whack. Just take it into a shop and have them adjusted, cost me like 15 bucks to get it done.

and what we do at shops is... turn them on aimed at a wall, make them look right and send it... :gapteeth: :eek:

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
bringing a car to a shop to have the headlights adjusted is just a waste of money, in my opinion.

wait until it's dark. point them at a wall, make them even. drive around, and look where they shine. if someone flashes at you, lower them a little bit. if i owned a shop, i'd love for suckers to come in and let me adjust their headlights. easiest $15 ever!

-shaeff

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D'OH! I should've thought of a google search....been up since 3:30am though....lol.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I actually planned to aim mine tonight, just installed the Bosch housings today, and they are different than what I had in there. I just take mine out on the dark road by my house and aim them how I like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts