Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a sight or does anyone know more information on the headlight modification. I'm inquiring about the removal of the high beam on the passenger side to get the "ram air" effect. I know the generals of the mod, but are there any specifics that need to be pointed out? The PM Supra(screen name on the forums) has this mod along with a few others.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I separated the lense from the housing, did my cutting with a die grinder, kinda followed the fluted line that is already there. Removed the high bean light assembly, then reassembled. To make it real nice file your cut and wet sand it with several grades of sandpaper, then polish with any compound.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
PM Supra said:
I separated the lense from the housing, did my cutting with a die grinder, kinda followed the fluted line that is already there. Removed the high bean light assembly, then reassembled. To make it real nice file your cut and wet sand it with several grades of sandpaper, then polish with any compound.
I also commented on your headlight a while back.. I liked it and wanted to do it (well I still do actually)... But one thing I dont like is... how much water gets in the actual headlight housing because its OPEN... Its not sealed off in any way.. I know this wont damage the bulbs because the projector lenses keep the water out... but If you did end up getting caught in the rain, isnt it kinda of a bitch?... same goes when washing the car I assume...

Is there any way to get some custom plastic fabricated which closes off the rest of the housing from the elements and sorta creates a wall that goes all the way upto the high beam opening... any idea who could do this and what it would cost?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
what did you place inside as not to alow air to get to the other bulbs! do you have any pics of it step by step
or really close up from the front and or back?
many thanks!

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
pooshda said:

I also commented on your headlight a while back.. I liked it and wanted to do it (well I still do actually)... But one thing I dont like is... how much water gets in the actual headlight housing because its OPEN... Its not sealed off in any way.. I know this wont damage the bulbs because the projector lenses keep the water out... but If you did end up getting caught in the rain, isnt it kinda of a bitch?... same goes when washing the car I assume...

Is there any way to get some custom plastic fabricated which closes off the rest of the housing from the elements and sorta creates a wall that goes all the way upto the high beam opening... any idea who could do this and what it would cost?
I thought about that myself.

I know for car audio, they make plexiglass port tubes in various sizes, even 4".

Wonder if you could get someone good with plastic to form something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts