Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who or company can I send my headlights to have it polished? I know this probably has been discuss million times already but the search feature is disable. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
putting headlights in the oven is about the most trickiest part as oven differ in temp

caution on the lower temp, see if it will peel, if not, reheat

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
If they are just yellowing/fogging on the outside you could polish that off yourself without removing the headlights. Ive used mothers aluminum polish on mine and a few other cars and it worked good, but was real hard.

A freind/mechanic showed me something that works much better and is easier to do. Its called CV Headlight restorer/defogger, you can get it advanced auto parts or walmart. Its from Crystal View Chemicals Inc. I have used it on a few mercedes and it worked great. Made a foggy 6 year old headlight match up to a brand new one. Its like $20 bucks for it.

If your headlights are just foggy on the outside, id definately try this first.

http://www.myheadlight.com

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
it's not too hard... just take your time the first time you do it, and make sure to re-seal it well

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Best polishing option I've found so far was to just buy the Euros and call it a day! ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
whats the temp setting on the oven and how long ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts