Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9006 51W are what come stock in my MKIV. Will using 9006 80W melt anything in the headlight Assembly? Too Hot?

TIA
Mike

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have a question about bulb relplacement but not whether it will melt the lens (god I hope not). I am looking at putting in new bulbs and have seen the PIAA bulbs which as advertised are something like 55w=100w. I saw some bulbs advertised by Super H which are true higher watt bulbs 9005 (high beam) is 100w and the 9006 (low) is 80w. The only Caveat by Supre H to the installation is that in some vehicles which are "sensitive" to higher wattage this can cause a wiring problem. Well I for damn sure don't want to melt a wiring harness!! Anybody got long term experience with higher wattage and/or know definitively that a 100w bulb is OK for Supra? By the way clear bulb or white?
Barry 94ttsupra 6sp.

·
Registered
658 Posts
well I ahve the piaas and love them supposedly get better longevity they are legal and bright go to

auot bulb depot they will give a rational of the differences betwenthe various choices and have great prices and good customer service to the usala disclamiers jsut a happy customer

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I got my info at auto bulb depot. I appreciate your reference.I am sure PIAAs are great. Whether the Super H is legal, hell I don't care about that. Surely it can't be brighter than the HID lights I see. Yeah while the PIAA may,last longer, the Super H true hi-watt bulb is about HALF the price. So back to my original question, anybody know if there is a problem with running a 100w bulb for a high beam and not screw up the wiring/wiring harness?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts