Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i've seen flush headlight kits for everything with popups, so my question is, why don't we just use one of those kits, I've seen them for MR-2, rx-7, miata, 240sx, NSX, and even some for firebirds and corvettes, i've already heard that the nsx heads are supposed to fit but they are mad expensive. so my question is are any of these cars close enough dimesion-wise for us to use their headlight flush kits.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Are you talking about flush headlights or sleepy eyes? I don’t think the angle on the hood is steep enough to have flush lights work effectively without some creative work.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
conundrum07 is right on the money. It's very difficult, if possible at all, to get any amount of decent light on the road with the design of our hoods.

The only people who have pulled it off generally have monster driving lights in the lower bumper.

NSX lights are crazy expensive, but when you consider that you also get an upgrade to HID lighting at the same time, it's all of a sudden not so bad anymore. :)

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
flush headlights wouldn't be difficult if some of the uper bumper portion as removed. I've experimented with and can make a flush kit that uses dual hella projectors...but in order for it to work propperly without sacrafice of light and safety...the lenses stick up above the hood slightly...kinna gives it a froggy eyes look.

O

·
0 Posts
actually my buddy has made a set of flush light lens that give you mad visual at night.. i am waiting on his ass fo make my set but he is slacking. He used larger lights for the driving light though. Then an amber on the side of it... looks rather nice if you ask me.

But yes......here is how you make an official true flush light... go and grab the 240 sx flush light kit/ miata, or mr2..... cut it down the center and either add or subtract how much is not need or needed.... thas it.... adjust the light accordingly to fit ....

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
GrimJack said:
NSX lights are crazy expensive, but when you consider that you also get an upgrade to HID lighting at the same time, it's all of a sudden not so bad anymore. :)
actually they aren't HID :( I have some sittin in my room

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
GrimJack said:
They are *usually* HID. :) IIRC, the NSX debuted with regular halogen lighting, and the next year they upgraded to HID.
BZZZ.... wrong. The NSX had conventional halogen (in USDM) from 1991 until 2002 when they went to the fixed headlight. When they slapped the flush lights on then they went to HID.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts