Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just redid my 93-96 headlights and painted them black but when i removed the tape off the chrome section it peeled off the chrome.

any one have any idea of what i could do to rechrome it?

or does any one have a pi of the whole headlight painted black with no chrome rings?
my car is black so i dont know if it would look ok with all black headlights.

thanks

javi

·
Letterkenny
272 Posts
i just redid my 93-96 headlights and painted them black but when i removed the tape off the chrome section it peeled off the chrome.

any one have any idea of what i could do to rechrome it?

or does any one have a pi of the whole headlight painted black with no chrome rings?
my car is black so i dont know if it would look ok with all black headlights.

thanks

javi

I just completed my headlight recondition this past week. You can find it here:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429854

As for the chrome, there's no spray paint that I have found that will give you that look of the original. Most cans of 'chrome' turn out the be a flat/semi shiny silver. It's been discussed that one could get them re-chromed, if they sent their inner housings to a plastic chroming company, but I'm not too sure how much that would cost or where one would be in your area.

How much chrome peeled off? If the chrome that came off, is in some little corner, you may not even see it. However if it's up front and center, then that's a drag. You can try sanding the rings down, and paint them a nice silver. It still looks nice. This is what a fellow SF friend of mine did. Sorry for the small image, but you get the idea.

Here is another image I found in another Headlight thread. To paint the rings black is very nice too. A very aggressive look. Photo credit goes to JP.

Hope that helps. I'll be doing more posting in my thread when I install the lights today.

Thanks.

Mike

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
paint them silver if ur car is black.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot mr.vsr i was looking for those pics all morning ill go that route even though the chrome is just hot as hell but i have no choice now

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
&^%&^$#^&%$# *^&#*&^#*&^#@ i smudged the ring (*&^#(&*@#(&^@#))(*#@()**&#@)((*#@)((*)(*
have to re-sand and repaint*&T*&^*&^ im gonna loose it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts