Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im fustrated... i got the car back last week from replacing motor etc... etc... well today as im driving my middle light bulb on my driverside goes out... when i get to my destination i popped the hood and checked it out turned out it was the wire... a short of some kind.. well this bugged me because how can i go about fixing it??? how much should something like this cost???

Thanks guy

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
marc2567 said:
so im fustrated... i got the car back last week from replacing motor etc... etc... well today as im driving my middle light bulb on my driverside goes out... when i get to my destination i popped the hood and checked it out turned out it was the wire... a short of some kind.. well this bugged me because how can i go about fixing it??? how much should something like this cost???

Thanks guy
which wire? can you just splice a new wire around the old?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well see the wire to the outlet seems to be screwed up or lose... im thinking that its pulled outta place because i have to mess around with it for awhile then it turns back on but when i start to drive again it turns off due to bumps in the road etc...

p.s. dont really want to embarass myself but what do u mean by splicing :scratch: explain...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Shoot Curt a post in the Elmhurst Toyota section and he can help you out with this. It's not expensive at all to replace the headlight harness.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
if its the harness and wire thats jacked just go to walmart or something and buy a new harness. This is what I did as the bulbs that came with my car where some crazy wattage and fried the harness. So I bout some highbeam harnesses and now run highbeam bulbs in my lows. They are slightly brighter.

Oh and harness was like 15 bucks for both maybe less

Alex

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
sounds like a n easy fix dont worrie

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys... i'll go check that out this week hopefully its and easy fix...

thanks again
Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts