Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain how to take the headrest off the seat? There is a little lever on one side of each headrest. I messed with these levers for like 15 minutes but still no luck getting them off. Any info would be great, thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had my car since August of 94 and have never touched my headrest. I'm curious now.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually... it DOES move... I remember seeing a post back a few month that someone was getting there seat redone or something... saw the insides of it... and figured out how to move the headrest.... he posted something about how to but I never actually got a chance to try it... though a few other members on the list tried and it worked and a few tried but didnt work for them... so who knows... but apparently it does move up and down according to the lucky few....

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i think its done from inside th seat !
BlitzTT said:
Actually... it DOES move... I remember seeing a post back a few month that someone was getting there seat redone or something... saw the insides of it... and figured out how to move the headrest.... he posted something about how to but I never actually got a chance to try it... though a few other members on the list tried and it worked and a few tried but didnt work for them... so who knows... but apparently it does move up and down according to the lucky few....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can get my to move either

I have tried everything and I cant get them to budge.
If someone finds out, please let me know

thanks,

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
lol, all us supra owners know how to change just about anything under the hood, but headrests, now thats getting out of my league... :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you unzip your seat cover from the back and look from the bottom you will notice that the somewhat movable plastic piece has nothing to do with the headrest position. If you then look in your owners manual you will notice that there in NO mention about adjusting the headrest. If you also notice that the plastic piece is on the outside of the seat and towards the seatbelt. I believe that this piece is there to prevent the seat belt from sliding between the headrest and the seat and slicing your neck when you have an accident.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Unzip the seat cover? I didnt think my seats had a cover or a cover with a zipper... I figured it was non removable leather, they must have hid that zipper pretty good... are you sure? :eek:

:D :D

·
road hazard
452 Posts
pooshda said:
Unzip the seat cover? I didnt think my seats had a cover or a cover with a zipper... I figured it was non removable leather, they must have hid that zipper pretty good... are you sure? :eek:

:D :D
look on the back...i think the zipper heads are in the inside.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes I am sure. Next time you condition the leather incline either seat forward. On either side of the back of the seat you will notice the zipper. Follow these down towards the bottom of the seat where they will mysteriously vanish without any sign of the zipper head. What you are actually seeing is the back side of the zipper and the zipper head is on the inside of the seat cover so that pesky backseaters won't fiddle with them. You can then use needle nose plyers to grab the small portion of the zipper and push up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts