Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all,

I got a question (sorry, search is screwy). I am a fairly tall guy, around 6'2". I am about to purchase a Supra and I know I will have some headroom problems. Does anyone have some tips? Shaving the bottom of the stock seats? Purchasing new Seats? Anyone out there as tall as me that can comment on this??

Thanks,
ShinRyu..

·
Registered
451 Posts
You will have no problems at all. I'm 6'5" and I can sit in the car and wear a helmet and be ok. Every once in awhile, when you go over a bump to quickly you will bounce and hit your head, but that is it. Good luck with the supra.

·
OG SF Member #603
1,092 Posts
elite racing said:
You will have no problems at all. I'm 6'5" and I can sit in the car and wear a helmet and be ok. Every once in awhile, when you go over a bump to quickly you will bounce and hit your head, but that is it. Good luck with the supra.
Ditto.
We had a local guy that was 6'8" and he fit.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
One thing you may consider is looking for a hardtop model. They're usually more expensive (holding their value better though) than a targa, and you only have 93-95 model years to choose from. But you do get ~2-3" more headroom (depending on seat location).

As far as seat modifications, the stock seat will likely have power adjustments on it, so it's going to be hard to lower it much. My car has Sparco seats though, and there's plenty of room to put them lower if I needed it. Good luck with the new purchase!

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
I'm 6'5" and have no issues AND my seat adjuster still has two inches to go rearward before I hit the stops. I sat in a Lotus Elise last weekend and they had to jaws of life my sorry ass out of the thing. A high threshold and damn tight spot for anyone around 6 feet.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
I agree with everyone. I am 6'2" and I feel very comfortable in the car. Most cars I usually have to have the seat all the way back. In the supra, I still have a few inches to spare with leg room and a few inches of head room.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I'm 5'7 and I don't have problems either. :sadance:

You'll be fine. Good luck on the purchase :bigok:

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
SupraTico said:
I'm 5'7 and I don't have problems either. :sadance:

You'll be fine. Good luck on the purchase :bigok:

LOL....is that with or without a booster seat?

j/k

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
no lol with platform shoes :rofl:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for replying.. I got into a C6 before (for kicks) and found myself quickly thinking about headroom and got worried about the supra.. And for the poster with the experience of the Lotus, those things are super super tiny, and super ugly too..

Thanks again,
ShinRyu..

·
Registered
374 Posts
elite racing said:
Which helmet are you using? I'm 6'2 and I bought a Zamp helmet which I think might sit a bit tall and I am suffering in the car. I'm afraid to use it cause it kinks my neck so bad. BUt yea unless your wearing a helmet you won't have any problems at all the car is very comfy for tall drivers.

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Make sure it's targa top. Who care if it look funny. at least it a supra right? LOL

Good Luck!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Kal said:
Which helmet are you using? I'm 6'2 and I bought a Zamp helmet which I think might sit a bit tall and I am suffering in the car. I'm afraid to use it cause it kinks my neck so bad. BUt yea unless your wearing a helmet you won't have any problems at all the car is very comfy for tall drivers.
An hjc. The kind where the whole front flips up.

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
I'm 6'7" and I fight pretty well. Just watch out for certain models of Sparco seats. They sit real high.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Some of you tall guys who are saying you don't have any head clerance issues with a helmet. What model helmet are you guys using?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts